Author Topic: Down Smyrna way....  (Read 4056 times)

calee13

Down Smyrna way....
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »
Howdy gang, Charlie here, just thought that I'd jump aboard this group and see what I can learn. I carry  Pro PT140 and applied for my CCDW permit in Kent on 2/3/12. I've been here in Delaware for 5 years now and had lived in Pa. since birth. I had a Pa. permit for the last 20+ years and finally decided to get my De. permit as I'm feeling naked. Here's hoping I set a new record in a speedy permit return(fat chance) but I'll keep you up to date on how it goes.

John

Re: Down Smyrna way....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:58:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Smyrna guy here also.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »
Well darn.. you guys aren't that far from me!  I'm in Townsend, but work in Smyrna.

Calee, good luck in the process and welcome!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mominde

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:04 AM »
Hi Charlie, I've been on going through this site for a while and finally joined tonight. I am in the Smyrna area as well and getting ready to start the process. I've lined up the 5 ref. and need to advertise in paper next.  Good luck with the process and keep me posted of any local info/changes.  ;-) 

calee13

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
Hi Charlie, I've been on going through this site for a while and finally joined tonight. I am in the Smyrna area as well and getting ready to start the process. I've lined up the 5 ref. and need to advertise in paper next.  Good luck with the process and keep me posted of any local info/changes.  ;-) 

Hi neighbor, sure will post on the progress of my permit.....I used the Delaware News($40) for my notice and keep in mind when you go to turn in your application that the Kent Prothonotary "DOES NOT" accept credit cards as stated in many on line tutorials. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »
Welcome . Im right outside of Smyrna myself. Looks like smyrna is putting itself on the map. Hope your process moves along quickly

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
Middletwon here, so not too far away. Welcome to the club Calee13.
New Castle County

calee13

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »
Howdy gang, Charlie here, just thought that I'd jump aboard this group and see what I can learn. I carry  Pro PT140 and applied for my CCDW permit in Kent on 2/3/12. I've been here in Delaware for 5 years now and had lived in Pa. since birth. I had a Pa. permit for the last 20+ years and finally decided to get my De. permit as I'm feeling naked. Here's hoping I set a new record in a speedy permit return(fat chance) but I'll keep you up to date on how it goes.
     Well here it is 9 weeks later and I'm still pacing back and forth at the mail box.  :(

Wickedrex

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
I'm 10 weeks in as of today.... I guess we'll have to see who hears something first!  :). I'm in NCC so I have a feeling I'm in for a bit of a wait still.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:26:19 AM by Wickedrex »
--Jay--