Author Topic: Florida prints?  (Read 11925 times)

calee13

Florida prints?
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »
I'm waiting for my DE. permit from Kent County and I'm thinking of submitting a Florida application. My question may be a brilliant one but Florida requires fingerprints on a card that they supply. The Kent county SBI office does their printing electronically, where would I get printed on Florida's application card?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Florida prints?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »
Welcome Calee13,
I don't know what SBI is, but when I did my electronic prints for DE at the State police office, they also did the black ink fingerprints for FL. Same place.
Good luck!
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:30:23 AM »
State Bureau of Investigation. Got it!
Should be no issue for them.
New Castle County

CMF

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:57 AM »
One would think states could send secure electronic finger prints for the permit but noooooooooooo. If you were in FL you could get scanned but they don't accept it sent from Delaware. But if you committed a crime on Florida, I bet they would get them pronto.
Welcome to the forum, a great group of folks here
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

calee13

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:43 AM »
Thanks for the info and kind welcome.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
Ever consider UT instead of FL?  You'll have to take a class, but it will be cheaper in the long run.
You can build a map at handgunlaw.us
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

scottf

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »
where would I get printed on Florida's application card?

Call them and they will mail you some cards. That's what I did.

Sport7

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »
If you need finger print cards, you can buy them online at Amazon and others.  Search "fingerprint cards" or  "FD-258".  They are 50 cards for about $20.00.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »
You can get your Pennslyvania permit for 5 years for $25.  With the Delaware & Pennslyvania Permits you can carry in 31 States  (AK*, AR, AZ, CO,DE, FL,GA, IA, ID, IN, KY,LA, ME, MI, MO,MT, NC, ND, NM, OH, OK,PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT*,WI, WV,WY). 

Pennsylvania Permit is easy to get go to a County Sheriff's Office with your DE Permit.  It takes about a week to get.

Why get Florida permit $117 for five years?  You will only add 4 more states.  (KS, MS, NE, WA).  It doesn't sound like a good investment to me.  Unless you travel to one or more of these four states on a regular basis.

Hopefully the National Recipricty will pass and be signed into law.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Kimber HD

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:45 AM »
Just be careful what County Sheriff you go to.  Example: Chester Co. will only issue permits to out of state LEO/Retired LEO (Which...are covered under LEOSA for the most part anyway  ??? ).  I hear Lancaster Co. is the way to go.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
You can get your Pennslyvania permit for 5 years for $20.  With the Delaware & Pennslyvania Permits you can carry in 31 States  (AK*, AR, AZ, CO,DE, FL,GA, IA, ID, IN, KY,LA, ME, MI, MO,MT, NC, ND, NM, OH, OK,PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT*,WI, WV,WY). 

Pennsylvania Permit is easy to get go to a County Sheriff's Office with your DE Permit.  It takes about a week to get.

Why get Florida permit $117 for five years?  You will only add 4 more states.  (KS, MS, NE, WA).  It doesn't sound like a good investment to me.  Unless you travel to one or more of these four states on a regular basis.

Hopefully the National Recipricty will pass and be signed into law.

Fixed it for you.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

CMF

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
I went to the Reading, PA sheriffs office and in 20 minutes & $20 walked out with my permit  ???  A week? Gosh I must be one lucky SOB, 28 days for DE permit and 15 minutes for PA. Must be that good Sussex County livin'
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

double tap

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
I went to Lancaster. I spent about twenty minutes and twenty bucks. I also have a Florida permit and for all the time and money, Pa is the best deal in town.
Double Tap

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:40 PM »
I think Calee13 already had the fingerprint card, and was just wondering where to get the prints. For those of you getting ready to get your FL, they will send you the card. Go to: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html

Wanted to mention that for me, Delaware county was very easy for a non resident PA CCW. Media courthouse. It was $46 for a five year license with photo, and took about 4 weeks. But I have family in Delaware county, and I'm there a lot. (I also know the head of the C.I.D. there. Figured it can't hurt in a pinch).
New Castle County

calee13

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »
Hey gang, thanks for all of your input, all good info. I decided on Florida because, unlike Pa., it covers Alabama, Miss., and Washington, all states that I travel. Florida's permit is good for 7 years so that takes a little of the pain($117)away.

I need to get my prints on the card that Florida provided and I now understand that the Dover SBI office electronically scans the prints but are then able to transfer them onto the card.I'm going to check it out tomorrow.........again, thanks for the replies.