Author Topic: Speer 9mm Gold Dot 124gr +p 50-box Local?  (Read 7539 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Speer 9mm Gold Dot 124gr +p 50-box Local?
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:14 AM »
Anyone know where I can buy or order these locally in a 50 box instead of the 20s that are outrageously priced? I'm in the Middletown area but don't mind driving a ways to pick them up locally. Have checked Shooters Choice in Dover and Smyrna Sporting Goods in Smyrna.. both only carry boxes of 20 for about 25 bucks! I've found the box of 50 online for 37.00 or 2 boxes of 50 shipped for 69.00 but would rather pickup locally if costs are roughly the same.

I primarily shoot Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115gr FMJ for range/target as I order them 2000 rounds bulk... most of our handguns are 9mm. This S&B ammo also fires much cleaner then any other FMJ in 9mm I've fired btw. Of the defensive rounds I've tested I prefer these Gold Dot JHPs and my Walther PPS and PPQ enjoy eating and spitting them out them now and then as well.  ;D

I really need to gear up & start reloading all the 9mm casings I've been collecting & saving!

Thanks!

Wickedrex

Re: Speer 9mm Gold Dot 124gr +p 50-box Local?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
I live in Wilmington but frequent all of the gun stores in my area as well as the two that you mention.  It could be different down state but the $20+ per 20 rds is about what they all charge.  You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal locally at a store than online.  That is unless you have a dealer friend or find them in a private sale.  I know you have to pay shipping but in the end with gas prices the way they are, definitely works out in the long run with having to run around and saving you the aggravation of searching. 
--Jay--

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

Unless I'm reading this wrong, this web page fron Speers only offers what you are looking for in boxes of 20.

http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/ammo.aspx

What do you see?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
Thanks. I didn't think I'd have much luck locally. Note: the Speer 9mm Gold Dot 124g +p JHP ARE available in boxes of 50. Some shops carry it though very few from what I've found.

Anyways.. I just ordered 4 x 50-round boxes from here at $29.47 per box! Yes that is a box of 50.. not 20! Used a coupon code I found online to save 5% and the total after shipping was $129.23 for 200 rounds (4 boxes). That's only $0.64 per round instead of $1.14 per round from local shops in 20 round boxes.

Again, I do try to buy locally but I also try and buy smart. Saving 98.27 plus the gas, time and energy (I have an 18 month old son with me most of the time) is the smart move here.

Edit.. figured I'd post the coupon code in case others are interested.. 5pct123 saves you 5%

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:50:10 PM by Adrenolin »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:46:05 AM »
Anyone know where I can buy or order these locally in a 50 box instead of the 20s that are outrageously priced? I'm in the Middletown area but don't mind driving a ways to pick them up locally. Have checked Shooters Choice in Dover and Smyrna Sporting Goods in Smyrna.. both only carry boxes of 20 for about 25 bucks! I've found the box of 50 online for 37.00 or 2 boxes of 50 shipped for 69.00 but would rather pickup locally if costs are roughly the same.

I primarily shoot Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115gr FMJ for range/target as I order them 2000 rounds bulk... most of our handguns are 9mm. This S&B ammo also fires much cleaner then any other FMJ in 9mm I've fired btw. Of the defensive rounds I've tested I prefer these Gold Dot JHPs and my Walther PPS and PPQ enjoy eating and spitting them out them now and then as well.  ;D

I really need to gear up & start reloading all the 9mm casings I've been collecting & saving!

Thanks!
Lawmans in Dover sells them, I thing around $35.00 a box
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
FWIW, the Gold Dot 124 +P was the first SD round I carried, today I carry HST either 124 +P or 147. Do some Google research on these rounds, their performance is excellent.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
Sigarms12: Thanks for the info on Lawmans in Dover. I haven't been in there so I'll look them up and stop in next time I'm down that way.

Condition 1: Thanks for the HST info however I'm sure most people would agree both rounds are excellent. I know for a fact that the Gold Dots fire dependably from all my 9mm handguns and to switch to something else would require me to retest each gun with the new ammo. I have no desire to do that at this point.