Author Topic: Military question  (Read 3466 times)

SweetPete

Military question
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
Hi, All! I am military in Delaware. My Home of Record is in Pennsylvania, however I've owned a home in Delaware for 4 1/2 yrs and am a legal resident. I have a WA state drivers license. Will I have a problem gettting a Delaware ccw permit? I don't think so, but was wondering from someone who has had past experience. What would my best course of action be. Thanks for the help!

firststatefirearms

Re: Military question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:36:32 AM »
 I would think it would be difficult to claim Delaware as your residence with a Washington State Driver's License.  If you pay Delaware Income tax I guess you would be a resident. Best advice I would call the AG's Office.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

firedawg11

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Yeah, it's always complicated with military.  When I was still active before I retired I had a Texas DL, was a legal resident of IL and owned a home in DE.  The easiest thing to do is get a Delaware driver's license and then you would be 100% with DE as far as property and taxes and identification.  As far as the state is concerned you're a Delawarean, regardless of military status. 
Be polite with all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before giving them your confidence.
~ George Washington

mominde

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »
You may want to look into a non-resident permit through Florida.

firedawg11

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 01:16:22 AM »
FYI, Florida no longer designates resident vs. non-resident; they're all the same. They also took off home addresses on all new cards.  I have one of the old non-resident cards and DE still requires anyone residing within the state to get a DE card; which I'm in the process of getting.
Be polite with all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before giving them your confidence.
~ George Washington

SweetPete

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:57:36 PM »
I got a DE driver license yesterday, so that should elimintate this issue.

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
reapply time period???