Author Topic: Glock trigger lock  (Read 5253 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
Glock trigger lock
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
I just installed this on my Glock 19 http://www.siderlock.com/ and really like it. I'm a lefty & being able to have the lock release on the left side is a real plus. It's not to hard of a install as long as you are somewhat mechanical.

rusirius

Re: Glock trigger lock
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »
I have to admit I'm a little curious about this... Most people who buy a Glock do so for one specific reason...  Not for the tons of safety features, not for the "sexiness" of it, and not because of the tons of extra features... They buy it because it's stripped down to it's most basic design.  It's simplistic and uses as few moving parts as necessary.  It does so for reliability purposes...  Most who own a Glock do so because they want a firearm that they KNOW is going to fire when they pull the trigger.

This would seem to buck that in the face a bit by adding extra parts and therefore an extra safety.  I mean, on one hand I get it... But on the other hand... I .... I dunno.... 

I'm just looking at it and thinking... Suppose somehow some dirt or pocket lint wedged itself up in there and prevented it from disengaging?  I know that's extremely unlikely, but it's no less likely than it happening on any other firearm, which again would often be cited as one of the primary reasons a Glock owner owned a Glock in the first place...

I dunno... I guess I'm a bit skeptical... ;)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
The way it's designed lint can not get lodged in the locking mech of the trigger & it's the easiest safety I've ever used & for most of us lefty's ... safety's are a real PIA

jopy2020

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:16:16 AM »
I am with rusirius on this one. I am a skeptic and would have to try it before I bought it. If it works for you, that is cool. It is not a bad idea or anything.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County