Author Topic: Portable Gun Safe  (Read 55710 times)

Willie848

Re: Portable Gun Safe
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Good move I bought three from offline Walmart same model for under $30.00 free shipping picked it up at the store, sorry to bust your bubble I put one in each of my vehicles and one on my work table in the garage. Can't beat it so compact and easy to use I highly recommend them.

ampb5rider

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 07:15:31 PM »
Perfect for my 150 SCREW
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

jack44

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
Sturmruger,

I may well be missing something, but transporting in MD in the manner you describe looks illegal to me.

MD criminal law section 4-203 (http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2005/gcr/4-203.html) lists specific destinations within MD
that you must meet to be legal.

Since you are not traveling interstate through MD, the federal FOPA would not apply.

I hope I am wrong about this, because I go to MD occasionally. If I am miss-reading the statutes, please enlighen me.

kent

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »
I had the Barska AX11970 Biometric compact portable lock box for less than 2 weeks. Uses your fingerprints to open. Works fine in a warm environment but left it outside in the vehicle overnight and during the cold days and it would not open.  If I bring it inside for about an hour the safe will open. After the first week it got to the point that the key could not be removed after locking or unlocking. I sent the defective product back after Barska blamed the batteries and/or my COLD fingerprints.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
Jack44,
I'm riding in a pickup truck with no trunk to lock the gun in. The gun is not loaded.  If stopped in MD., no one knows whether I'm going thru MD on my way home or to another state, but me.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »
Jack44,
I'm riding in a pickup truck with no trunk to lock the gun in. The gun is not loaded.  If stopped in MD., no one knows whether I'm going thru MD on my way home or to another state, but me.
Your rationale presumes a rational LEO.  IIRC, the guy from Florida who was stopped by the MTA just north of Baltimore was presumed guilty from the get-go.  On any trip that I take that is not a direct trans-MD route with proveable origination and destination points, I'm leaving my equipment at home.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 11:26:34 PM »
Under Federal law, there is a "right" to transport unloaded, cased firearms through every state.
In MD and NJ, we cannot count on the local or state police respecting that "right..." especially if we are not on a major highway driving non-stop from outside the state to somewhere else outside the state.
If we are caught with a firearm in our vehicle while we are on a secondary road, stopped at a restaurant, visiting with friends, or shopping at a store, we can expect to be arrested, charged with crimes, and to have our firearm(s) confiscated.
In NJ, hollow-point ammunition is a separate crime (even for off-duty traveling LEO's)... in both NJ and MD, there are magazine size restrictions...

I know people who say having self-defense capability is worth such a risk.
To each their own... but I know people who have been in the NJ State Penitentiary, and I'd rather be dead than locked up in there (and I wouldn't last a week in there anyway). Even when I was an Atlantic City cabdriver on the night shift, I didn't carry a gun.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 01:46:32 AM »
In Maryland the only in state carry that you would be legal would be on way to range. Unloaded and cased or in a holster.    Out for a Sunday drive does not cut it.

Lots of folks in northern Delaware do go to North East state Forrest to shoot and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. 

The Magazine law in Maryland does not apply to posession. 

New Jersey is another story

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »
I'll be traveling to VA every other month with my son to see his grandparents and MD scares me to be honest. I do secure unloaded in the rear with firearms in one safe and ammo in a separate lockbox. I imagine I'll get more comfortable after a few trips but still dislike traveling through the state.

Unfortunately they also live north in New Jersey as well! I'll even remove the spare mag from the glove box due to the HPs and they're BS laws and behaviors up there.

topper

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 12:09:30 AM »

To each their own... but I know people who have been in the NJ State Penitentiary, and I'd rather be dead than locked up in there (and I wouldn't last a week in there anyway).
[/quote]

I agree. I'm to good looking!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW