Author Topic: Accidental Showing While Concealed Carrying  (Read 18537 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Accidental Showing While Concealed Carrying
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 12:01:31 AM »
I was never refering to a data base Im refering to serial numbers of guns that are reported stolen and yes they can check this already
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »
G19, I think what the writer of that paper was getting at about the registration is that govermental programs do not run smoothly. While common sense tells us that the only time a gun would have to be registered is upon transfer I can't imagine that they would set it up that way. Infact some of the states that have handgun registration require re-registration upon moving. As far as the street price of gun is concerned, that one to me is kinda a moot point. A stolen gun is a stolen gun no matter what a crook pays for it on the street but right now a stolen gun can go for as much as five times resale value, and I'm sure that it would go even higher. And if a cop stops a criminal on the street like you said I can already see the headlines about how the officer was profiling and stopped him without cause and the dirtbag may walk anyway. Now granted the gun is off the street but the criminal will just break into somebody elses house and steal another gun. None of it addresses the real problem of locking up crooks. Our justice system is so worried about not hurting the criminals feelings that it has handcuffed itself. Here is a link to a US case that helped to do away with gun registration and I think it shows just how the justice system can runhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:36:49 AM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 01:11:53 PM »
We all do not have the same views. Not a big deal. That's part of what the forum is for... to debate.
When talking about random shootings and how 'easy' it is for criminals to get guns, I'll take the side of carrying. If we are talking about 'what if(s), I offer this: What if those students had a gun? We wouldn't be talking about the VTU massacre, we would be talking about how one or two died before heroes intervened.

There are countless stories on how an armed citizen stopped a criminal. There are numerous examples on how massacres were stopped by armed citizens.

We speculate, but let's talk about this: In Appalacian State University, a gunman opened fire on whoever was around. Long story short, two students ran to their cars and retrieved their guns. They stopped this man dead in his tracks (no pun intended). They held him at gunpoint until police arrived.
This was not stated inthe media. What was stated is how they tackled him and held him...

My point? Let more people carry... wherever. I realize that many do not support my views but they are      MY views. You have your views and I certainly respect them. I know sig's views and I don't agree with all of them, but I respect them. And yes, I know you respect mine as well.
National database issue? I guess we will agree to disagree. Most other issues, we all probably agree with.
Thanks for the debate.
(re-reading my post, I think I got off point)
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »
The one guy has a picture of a man smoking pot on his shirt. If there are "gun grabbers" I hope they start with him

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 12:56:57 AM »
Here's an intersting video on gun registration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I&feature=related