Author Topic: Status of app  (Read 14235 times)

kimmie

Re: Status of app
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »
Kimmie,
Wow! Eleven days just to get the check cleared. They probably didn't start any processing until it cleared. That's why I paid cash and recommend it to all.

I should have used cash but didn't think about that until after I saw the forum suggestions.  I'm hoping that maybe (that's a big MAYBE) that the clearing of my check means it will come thru soon!   ;D
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

calee13

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
I called Kent county today for a status update on my permit submitted on 02/03 and was told it's with the judge and I should have it next week. The clerk was very helpful and eager to help. ;D ;D

ducati900

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
I put mine in 11/29/2011 in NCC and I just got mine yesterday.(04/18/2012)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
Calling about the status will do nothing but make the person who answers the phone stop processing someone elses application to tell you that they have no idea where your application is, but that if there's a problem they'll contact you :) 

New Castle County is inundated with applications right now and have a deadline to get renewals out first... Also, your check clearing means nothing.  Of course, if it didn't clear, they'll let you know.  But your check clearing doesn't mean anything other than someone has picked up your packet from the front desk where you turned it in and has gotten your payment. 

Sorry, not being a pessimist, but this is the situation every year about this time and everyone asks the same question.  :)   

Be patient!!  It will come. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »
No doubt there are a lot of applications in NCC. But, there are a lot of anti-gun people and politicians in NCC, including the very people that "have " to process the applications. We've all heard stories about the negative comments made by people in the Criminal Investigation and Finger Print Div. about people applying for the purpose of Concealed Carry Permits. Same at Prothonataries and Court system. In my opinion the law is what it is and their job is to shut up and do their job that is taxpayer/voter paid. If they have an objection to processing gun permits, they can quit their cushy State Job, and get a job at McDonalds. I hear they are hiring.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kimmie

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
6 1/2 wks for mine from when I turned it in.  So 11 days for them to cash my check, to 6 1/2 wks turn around all together, that's fine by me!
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 07:44:03 PM »
My experience was rather pleasant.  I took my package to the Prothonatary’s (sp) Office at the new Dover Court House and a friendly professional lady walked through my package with me and confirmed it was complete.  She gave me a receipt for the fee and told me that the applications were backlogged so wait at least 2 months.  Then she provided her phone number and told me to call with questions or concerns.  My CCDW license arrived in six weeks.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »
i think that sometimes the wait time depends on Superior Court Judge case load and vacation schedule. That goes for all counties.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Tandem

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
  Received my permit on 4/21, after filing on 1/25 in NCC - I'm feeling pretty lucky.  I hand delivered the materials to the Prothonotary office.  A follow-up call in March was never answered and I never received any notice - the license simply appeared in my mailbox.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

will h

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
I called a few mins ago the lady said "they do them in stacks and yours must still be with the investigators because I dont have your application" 

will h

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
I called again yesterday she said that my app has made it through the investigators and just needs the judges signature.

will h

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 12:54:37 AM »
I got it today ;D Sent away for it on 6 march.

tz9x21

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »
Recently, one of the State Police staff that does background checks for Delaware, joined my gun club. We asked him if he knew why the process is so long.
He stated that for their part of the process, there are only 3 people for the entire state of Delaware to do background checks. This also includes background checks for employment purposes, security jobs, teachers etc. So it's not just for CC permits. It all goes to those 3 people.

It's obvious that the difference in length of the wait times is not due to these guys.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."