Author Topic: Leaving a Firearm in Your Car?  (Read 13711 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Leaving a Firearm in Your Car?
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
Sometimes I’ll see a sign or need to access a “no weapons” area and leave my carry in the car/truck. It always leaves me sick to think how unsecure a vehicle can be.  Is there a best way to secure a firearm in a vehicle when a trunk is not an option?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Leaving a Firearm in Your Car?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
Signs in Del carry no weight.  CC means CONCEALED, so they should never know.
But it is also up to you, if they do not want to honor your 2A rights, you can take
your $$$ somewhere else.

As far as the RESTRICTED places, home or car.  If I was going to hide it in the car,
I'd do so BEFORE I get into the parking lot.  Dont know what fine citizens are watching
for people to secure stuff in the back of the vehicle.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
I have a lock box that is secured to the seat post via a cable that loops around the post and goes back into the box.  It may not deter the determined and prepared burglar but it will stop the smash and grabs.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
I agree Radnor. Maybe viewers of this site should be mindful of the businesses that don't allow concealed carry and just not do business with them. No let's not say "maybe" lets say definetly stop doing business with them. Hope anyone knowing these busineses will chime in. Let's hear it CCDW folks!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Willie848

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
Sometimes I’ll see a sign or need to access a “no weapons” area and leave my carry in the car/truck. It always leaves me sick to think how unsecure a vehicle can be.  Is there a best way to secure a firearm in a vehicle when a trunk is not an option?

Where have you been in Delaware to see these signs I have been all over Delaware and haven't seen one sign. Again where are they, store names please and the locations

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
TGIF on 13.  Dover store had them, removed the signs.
Verizion store on 13 across from the air port.

Sheeple feels so much better in a gun free zone....
(little do they know, the police WILL NOT protect them
and the "fine upstanding citizens" will just keep them in their waistbands)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Where have you been in Delaware to see these signs I have been all over Delaware and haven't seen one sign. Again where are they, store names please and the locations

At the time of my comment I was remembering signs I saw in NY and MN.  I have not actully seen signs in DE.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »
Regal Cinemas (Glasgow & Brandywine Town Center) have a small notification on the front door.
Christiana Mall's "code of conduct" prohibits weapons. It is posted at each mall entrance, but you'd barely know it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mattyj724

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
I havent been through the DE class, But in SC the sign has to be a regulated sign. As in they cant just have a paper taped to the front door saying no CC weapons. The sign is made and handed out by the state. With out it weapons are allowed(other than court rooms and the usual). Does DE have something like that?

pjd832

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »

i have one of these in my truck...i use it for valuables i need to leave in my truck while working etc...it actually has seen my ccw on ocassion when ive had to run into the post office....they securely bolt to the console mounts on the floor and with large thick fender washers youre not ripping it out without serious tools...like a BIG crowbar etc...
http://www.consolevault.com/dodge-ram-under-seat-console-2006-2011.html

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:19 AM »
Hows about Shooters Choice in Dover? Last time I was there they had a sign. Made me feel like I was not wanted... in a GUN store... Wierd. Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Kilroy08

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:42:57 AM »
I think it's more for people coming in to go to the range or sell a firearm. The only thing that's stopped me from going in is their steep pricing and the fact that there is little of interest in there. Always the same inventory and nothing interesting.

tz9x21

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
As far as the RESTRICTED places, home or car.  If I was going to hide it in the car,
I'd do so BEFORE I get into the parking lot.  Dont know what fine citizens are watching
for people to secure stuff in the back of the vehicle.

Many years ago I attended a Phillies game at Vet stadium. My wife and sister-in-law put their purses in the trunk of the car after we parked the car. When we came out from the game, both purses were gone. No sign of forced entry. When I went back into the stadium to file a report, the officer at the desk said "...let me guess. You put the purses in the trunk before the game in the parking lot..." He then informed me that this was common practice for theft in the parking lot. Somehow, these a******* had gotten some type of master key and just opened trunks and helped themselves once they see you disappear into the stadium.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
Guns should be locked in a vault if put in a car or truck. Just putting them in a trunk , glovebox, or console, or under the seat,  in asking for trouble. There are many good vaults on the market that have been written about on this forum.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Blaserman

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
I was going to stop in at shooter choice but sounds like a waste of time.