Author Topic: M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.  (Read 14314 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
I've been told that some trigger work, like sear polishing, could bring the weight down a few pounds.  However, I am curious whether the heavy trigger was intentional (if so why?) or the default for striker action pistols.  Nonetheless, I sure wish it was a few pounds lighter.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: M&P 9c Trigger Pull is 6.5 lbs.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
Is this a carry gun or just a fun gun to shoot?

If it is a CARRY gun, (my opinion) NO work on it at all!  Factory stock!  MAYBE a laser or night sights.
Dont like suggesting lasers for several reasons.  1 BATTERIES!  The one time you NEED it, batteries could be dead.
If you laser it, I'd use it as a secondary source and NOT be dependent on it.  Train mainly without it! 2nd, if I'm a
"fine upstanding citizen" armed with a gun robbing you, I KNOW were to shoot.... 

Carry guns and ammo.....  Factory ammo, NO RELOADS!!!!  And on the topic of carry ammo.  I know it is expensive
(I know I love throwing more than a dollar a trigger pull down range), train with it occasionally.  If your spouse wants
to know what to get you for your birthday, a box of JHP would be great.  Shoot the old, replace with new.

Should you need it for that "fine upstanding citizen", you will NOT know it's a 6.5 lb trigger pull....   

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Condition 1

• Life Member

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
Radnor - Certainly great advice.  It is a carry pistol and a tad pricey so I would be just as happy to make no mods at all.  But when scaring targets 6.5 lbs is just too heavy for a small gun.  Sight alignment and trigger pull fight each other like a Tyson bout and after ~ 60 rounds I add the shakes to the mix.  I am concerned that when the day comes when I have to call in all my luck this trigger is going to be an “after-the-fact” sad story.

Condition 1 – Great link!  Since I call this my wife’s gun (some of you will understand) I can buy her this upgrade for her birthday!  Thanks!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
Well for ALL of us here, I wish the day NEVER comes where we have to use our firearm for SD.
(to me, it's a beautiful day when I put it away in the same condition I got it out in)

[OPINION]

But, if you have trigger work done (you or a smith) and have to use it for SD, I think your
life will be HELL. (It will be HELL for the shooting anyway)  But, I think the prosecutor will
try to introduce "YOU had a hair trigger put in so you could kill...."  etc...

That's also why no reloads!

[/OPINION]

[FLAME SUIT ON]
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
Radnor – Love the “Opinion” quotes but I will confess.  I made a living as licensed professional in the exploration field and I never submitted one report than was other than opinion.  So, welcome to the Dept. of Redundancy Dept! ;D

Tonight I sat on a civic board right next to a friend that’s been in the legal trade forever.  I presented my “case” and yours but not by name.  He said “It is more than imperative that you assume a prosecutor will make strong efforts to demean the “gun” first and then you.  So, you win. And thank you for your opinion.

ampb5rider

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
Put an Apex on my wifes 9c, but we're from MASS, so it starts at 10+, probably brought it down to 6 smoother no doubt. it is the carry option.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
Well for ALL of us here, I wish the day NEVER comes where we have to use our firearm for SD.
(to me, it's a beautiful day when I put it away in the same condition I got it out in)

[OPINION]

But, if you have trigger work done (you or a smith) and have to use it for SD, I think your
life will be HELL. (It will be HELL for the shooting anyway)  But, I think the prosecutor will
try to introduce "YOU had a hair trigger put in so you could kill...."  etc...

That's also why no reloads!

[/OPINION]

[FLAME SUIT ON]
How many people purchase a fire extinguisher or a first aid kit and can't wait to have to use it? I own and carry a gun for the same reason I own the other things. I pray that I never have to use it but need to know how to use it if the need arises.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
I absolutely love a crispy, predictable trigger pull.