Author Topic: Disappointed with my Milpro  (Read 11793 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Disappointed with my Milpro
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »
Thanks for the info and the pic, it really helps...

You are welcome. You will love this gun, another thing I like about it is the short barrel which allows me to carry very easily at 2 o'clock or in my pocket.

BTW, sorry for the hijacking here Hawkeye.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
Received my MilPro back from Taurus yesterday. After replacing the slide the first time, this time they said the magazine release was worn and the magazine release spring was weak and replaced both. Now I have an excuse to get in some range time to check it out.  Hopefully I can regain my trust in this gun so that I can put it back into the rotation.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

fdegree

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
I can see how this might solve the mag dropping problem...I hope it works out for you.

What about the accuracy problem we both were experiencing...has that been resolved?
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 11:58:29 PM »
What about the accuracy problem we both were experiencing...has that been resolved?
When they changed the slide the first time it was in the shop the shot groupings came up so a little tinkering with the side to side adjustments of the sites might fix it. I will report back after I take it to the range.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »
Took my MilPro to the range today after getting it back for the second time.  I put about 100 rounds through it and it held up well.  I still need a couple hundred more rounds through it before I will put back into my carry rotation.  I do not know if it was me or the gun but it seemed to fire truer to the point of aim with the heavier rounds (147 grain vs 115 & 124 grain).

Sussex County

fdegree

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
That's good to hear, though unfortunate you had to go through the whole warranty process.  I found heavier rounds helped with the accuracy too, but if memory serves, 124 gr. was the heaviest Taurus recommends for that gun...though I could be wrong.  I don't have the owners manual on hand since I got rid of mine.

I'm not knocking the decision to keep yours...it is a nice feeling and easy to conceal gun.  I hope it continues to work for you.

That being said...
...for me, the Glock 26 accuracy is much better than the Taurus, with cheap WalMart ammo that is only 115 gr. I was able to keep 90% of the shots within a 6" diameter, at about 25 yards...not the greatest, but now I know most of the accuracy issues, for me, seem to be due to the gun. I was lucky if 10% of the shots from the Taurus would hit within a 6" diameter, at 10 yards with the Taurus.

I hope your Taurus continues to perform well...
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
if memory serves, 124 gr. was the heaviest Taurus recommends for that gun

You are correct. They also do not recommend +p or +p+. The vast majority of rounds I fired through my MilPro were the WWB 115 grain variety as they are an inexpensive target round.  My preferred SD round for this gun is the 124 grain Federal Hyda Shok (not +P).  I had been experimenting with the 147 grains after reading on one of the Taurus forums how others were using the heavier rounds in their PT111's and had experiences no problems.

My new Ruger SR40c on the other hand has no such limitations on ammunition.  The manual (same manual for the SR9c also) states:
No 9mm Parabellum or .40 S&W ammunition manufactured in accordance with NATO, U.S., SAAMI, or CIP standards is known to be beyond the design limits or known not to function in these pistols.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:07:22 PM by Hawkeye »

Sussex County