Author Topic: 3 months and counting in New Castle County  (Read 10431 times)

KimberXxX

3 months and counting in New Castle County
« on: June 07, 2012, 05:01:08 AM »
Today is the 3 month mark. Everything, including the course completion were submitted back on March 6th. Anyone out there hear the going rate for turn around time in NCC? By the way, I have not heard a word from them at this point.

eclipse

Re: 3 months and counting in New Castle County
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:55:07 AM »
I submitted everything feb 13 and have heard nothing.....

Bmel17

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
I've been hearing it is taking a bit longer 4-5 months because of renewals at this time

Wickedrex

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
There is another post going I started a few weeks ago.  It seems that in NCC if all your paperwork was submitted all at the same time, all of your t's crossed and i's dotted, then approximate wait is in the 13-15 week range.  It seems like they process them all in batches because all of the mid to late January submission seemed to all get their permits at the same time, mine included.  I submitted January 27th and seemed to get mine right around the middle of May.  Hang in there, your almost done.....
--Jay--

KimberXxX

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:52:53 AM »
Thanks for the response. Ill keep checking the mail and hopefully will arrive within the next month. It would make sense for them to do them in batches but for christs sake, 4 months.  ??? crazy.

scottf

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
Unless you're one of the unlucky souls like myself. Submitted everything in November and STILL have not gotten the permit. My wife submitted her paperwork in February and got hers over a week ago. Go figure.

***UPDATE**** Went to the mailbox today and there it is!! Over 27 weeks, 193 days to be exact is ALL it took.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:17:13 PM by scottf »

Grebnehtor

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
I completely forgot my renewal, I sent it in on May 1st and have heard nothing.  I've called 3-4 times and I don't even get anyone there picking up.  I'm getting a little frustrated as my check has been cashed (within a week it was cashed), but these people won't even pick up the phone.  I'm going to keep calling, they don't even return voicemails.  It's sickening how bad this system is.

MikeF

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:43 AM »
I submitted my paperwork including my training class certificate on 3/7/12....still waiting!

2000sahara

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »
Not to @@@@ in your Wheaties but....I submitted my paperwork with a friend on March 7th and received my Permit on June 1st.  My Friend has yet to receive his. ????

MikeF

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:13 AM »
2000sahara,  what's up with that!?!?  Congrats on being a new ccw holder!

2000sahara

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:53 AM »
Thanks!  I dont know why mine came, but I'm not complaining... ;D It all does seem rather inconsistent. 

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
I completely forgot my renewal, I sent it in on May 1st and have heard nothing.  I've called 3-4 times ...

Did they cash your check?  You "SHOULD" be covered even though it expired.  Mine expires in 2013.  I'm going to take my stuff in and hand deliver and get a receipt.  You should be covered under section 1442.  Carry your expired CCDW and a copy of your canceled check.  I'd quit with the calls, it will make them slower than what they already are.  But, I would NOT rely on this for visiting a State where we have reciprocity with.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:21:12 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
You should be covered under section 1442. 

There are conditions to being covered uner 1442.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of ยง 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.

In Grebnehtor's case
I completely forgot my renewal,

numer (2) might be relevant.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:11:43 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »
He said he did it on 1 May, so 1 & 2 should be good to go.  No clue where in the "process" his app is.  Is it before the court?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Grebnehtor

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 01:07:46 AM »
Yes, the check was cashed within a week of mailing it.

They called me Monday.  Well, the woman called me Monday and said she couldn't make out my last name  on the message I left and said they sent out a lot of renewals on Monday and mine might be in the mail.  Well it wasn't.  Luckily, I have a friend that works in the office that processes the CCDW permits (they don't interact with the permits though) and I contacted them and asked them to look into it. 

When I applied for the permit initially I took a long time to get everything together and the SBI check went stale (30+ days old I believe is stale) before I mailed it in.  Well they never called me and told me any of that.  They DID cash the check.  They pushed my permit application to a folder under their desk and never contacted me.  Every time I called they said they were just backed up and it was being worked on.  This went on for 6 months.  I had my friend look into it and they discovered what had happened.  Essentially nothing was happening with it unless I had known someone on the inside.  This was more of a rant, sorry for that, but I figured I would share my experience.