Author Topic: Since I already posted (twice LOL), I guess should intro myself...  (Read 2754 times)

Eric_DENative

Evening all,

Just wanted to chime in as a new memeber. Been "trolling" several sites for info since last fall when I finally decided to get off my arse and obtain my CCDW. Been thinking about it for years, finally got everything in order.

Me, I'm a family man with my wife and a young son, work for our State Parks (maintenance dept.), travel frequently with a custom truck club up and down the east coast mostly for shows. Born and raised here in NCC, have lived in Elkton and Avalon, NJ. Back now in Newark area.

I received my permit within what seems to be the average of 4 months (applied first week of January this year), also received my Florida CFL (15 days from mailbox to mailbox). Going to attempt for a NJ permit although I know it's a long shot, but my family owns property in NJ and I have very good reasons that I would like to not go into. And besides, for only $20-25, I figure what the heck, why not?!? :)

Not a gun collector but can appreciate quality firearms, modern and classic. My primary carry for now for the summer is a Beretta Nano 9MM w/ the IWB Beretta version of a CB SuperTuck holster and my other which I plan more for winter is the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9MM and going to order the CB holster probably for it.

Just wanted to say this is a pretty good forum for local info for our "little" state.

Eric
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:35:10 AM by Eric_DENative »

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Since I already posted (twice LOL), I guess should intro myself...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
Hey, welcome to the site. You will find lots of info and many nice people willing to chip in and share knowledge.

Eric_DENative

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:29:41 AM »
Thanks for the welcoming... Seems like a good group here, you all can get into deep discussions from guns to politics and nothing seems to get overly heated. All the topics seem to remain civilized. I used to be a mod on a large diesel truck forum and I know how a simple topic or comment can get out of hand. I look forward to using this forum.

Bogey

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
Welcome Eric,

Let us know how you make out in NJ.I'm down the shore 6 mo out of the year.And i feel naked with out CC. Good luck.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

Eric_DENative

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
Welcome Eric,

Let us know how you make out in NJ.I'm down the shore 6 mo out of the year.And i feel naked with out CC. Good luck.

Thanks!

And will do, I'll maybe make a post logging my NJ app adventure as I am not sure it'll be an adventure, or they'll just laugh at me and say, "DENIED!"  :-\