Author Topic: Political Stumps  (Read 3405 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Political Stumps
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
I am getting criticism from some about carrying at a political stump for a presidential candidate. The guy I sat next to was carrying and wore a NRA hat and was called out by the politicos (in a positive way) for expressing his opinion.  There was no notice given that it was not allowed and even though I wouldn’t have changed my position.  Is this something I should have yielded?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Political Stumps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »
Were you open carrying it? If you were, the "politicos" also have their rights to express their opinion and call on people open carrying if they wish. I personally don't like to open carry period - I don't like the attention, I don't want people calling on me or asking me to leave their establishment, and I believe on the element of surprise.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:18:02 AM by Condition 1 »

CMF

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:04 AM »
I thought the same thing. Open carry allows opens dialogue and you better be prepared. If you concealing, it should never enter into a discussion. Thats why its called CONCEALED CARRY.
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »
Condition1: I wore a concealed carry.  One of the people (a friend) that saw my name in the Dover Post for my CCDW application made a point to check me out.  It was light hearted and caught the attention of the guy next to me who indicated that he was concealed carrying as well.

Another person noted that at least half of the speaker’s entourage was carrying as well.
Proud resident of Kent County DE