Author Topic: Another shooting in Wilmington, but....  (Read 6403 times)

Eric_DENative

Another shooting in Wilmington, but....
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
This time somebody shot back getting two of the original three shooters.

http://m.delawareonline.com/topstories/article?a=2012120708013&f=1186

No word on who the return shooters were and what's going to happen to them. Curious if they were CCDW holders, open carry, LEOs, or were even allowed to possess guns.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Another shooting in Wilmington, but....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »
In the comments section, I love the person that asked "who arms themselves to go to a soccer game".

Um, that would be me.  Also, Acme, Kohls, Costco, I-95, the gas station, the shed, and wherever else that there are people.  Truthfully, if I thought that I needed to take a gun to wherever I was going, I just wouldn't go.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Eric_DENative

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:00:29 AM »
Ha! Missed that comment!

Yeah, that'd be me too. Anywhere I'm legally allowed, wifey at first didn't get it or always asked why, now she's either accepted it or doesn't bother asking. The more news she sees, the more I think she understands my reasoning.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
I carry 24/7. It is either on me or near me always. I live in Kent County, but you never know nowadays.
Crime happens everywhere. I try not to do business with places that don't allow C/C, like the Dover Mall. I perferr to deal with small local businesses. I have never taken my 9mm to church, but I spoke with one of the Pastors and he said he didn't have any objections, as he is a former Marine.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Eric_DENative

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:49 AM »
Latest update...one of the "suspected shooters" that started it is dead. The original victims include a 16yo shot in the head. :-/

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:53:22 AM »
From TNJ:

"Man killed at soccer game was witness to 2008 slaying[.]

Family and friends say 47-year-old tournament organizer was with his friend when he was shot to death in a homicide that police say was committed by one of the shooters Sunday[.]"

As long as liberals keep giving the bad guys "one more chance," then this is what we'll keep getting.

Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
In the comments section, I love the person that asked "who arms themselves to go to a soccer game".

Um, that would be me.  Also, Acme, Kohls, Costco, I-95, the gas station, the shed, and wherever else that there are people.  Truthfully, if I thought that I needed to take a gun to wherever I was going, I just wouldn't go.

Well said.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »

Well said.

+2.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »
Truthfully, if I thought that I needed to take a gun to wherever I was going, I just wouldn't go.

+1
And, if I thought I was going to need my seat belt on the way to work, I'd take a different route... but I still wear it (since long before it was required by law).
I just drove to Alaska, and wore it all the way there.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon