Author Topic: cc at "scratch magoos" in wilmington?  (Read 4726 times)

pjd832

cc at "scratch magoos" in wilmington?
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:51:44 AM »
wondering if anyone does or has had a problem at this location?...i dont go to bars/pubs or drink in general...so the cc at bar laws/rules never mattered to me ...from the research ive done it appears to not be against the law to carry in a bar...as long as youre not drinking/legally over the limit that is.... this weekend my wifes friends is having a "birthday party" at this place.....a late 30's bday party at a bar? ???....and shes hell bent on going and dragging me along..ive never been there and dont personally know anyone that has .... it is in killmington and would like to cc as i do everywhere else i go...but really dont want to have a problem "at the door"...if they wand you or have metal detectors etc....so if anyone has been there recently and could advise of the setup at the door id greatly appreciate any insight
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:09:57 AM by pjd832 »

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
Re: cc at "scratch magoos" in wilmington?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
I'd call them & ask what the policy is on CC if they even have one.   

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
My opinion is if they don't have an obvious sign on the front door stating "no weapons", then I carry. I don't bother calling every store, bar, restaurant, etc in the state asking if I can CC in their establishment.
Remember, no drinking and carrying. Also, I've never been wanded, patted down, or passed through a metal detector at a Trolley Square area bar.
New Castle County

pjd832

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
I definately wouldn't call...and won't be drinking .. My problem is my wife is anti-carry regardless of all the police reports etc ... She feels she has a magic bubble around her and would throw a fit if we showed up and there was a metal detector/wand/pat down at the door and I was denied entry... Since I didnt know what the setup there was like I thought I'd save myself the wife drama if it would be a sure issue at the door....knock on wood ...I carry every day everywhere I can...and Ive never been asked to leave ... Or any other issues...And didn't want to break my streak lol

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
My opinion is if they don't have an obvious sign on the front door stating "no weapons", then I carry. I don't bother calling every store, bar, restaurant, etc in the state asking if I can CC in their establishment.
Remember, no drinking and carrying. Also, I've never been wanded, patted down, or passed through a metal detector at a Trolley Square area bar.
I have to agree
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:06:04 AM »
Carry. If you see TSA-grade (in)security at the door, let your wife go in... tell her you need to go back to the car for a minute, and leave... then drive over to King Street, because you'll need a good divorce lawyer once she figures out you ain't coming in where you ain't welcome.  ;D
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon