Author Topic: Tested: false alarm  (Read 1999 times)

CMF

Tested: false alarm
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »
7/14/12:
Resting comfortably in my recliner about 10:00PM watching Fox, I saw a body pass by my rear window in the back yard. My wife next to me was unaware of the motion but I immediately rose and rested my hand on my holstered Glock 19. Moving to the sunroom, I opened the interior sliding glass door and hit the light switch which illuminated some unannounced relatives at the locked exterior sliding glass door. I dropped my hand and relaxed to then open and let them in. They know the layout of my house and figured where we would be and came around since the front entry is always secure and seldom used for entry. The entire event took 5–7 seconds, and I could feel the adrenaline rush begin. Everything turned out fine and when the guests left, I explained to my wife what had happened. In retrospect, I should have announced to her immediately there might be an intruder but I was focused on the threat and took immediate action. I am glad I was prepared and kept my wits and hope I never have to experience an actual intruder. This has made me reaffirm the state of being armed 24/7 to protect my family.
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Tested: false alarm
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »
Glad you had a good outcome.  Under similar circumstances I wouldn't say a word to family just yet.  I know them to be unpredictable in surprise situations and would likely be an unwelcome distraction.

As the protectorate of the family it is important to be well equipped.
Proud resident of Kent County DE