Author Topic: Holster warning!  (Read 5421 times)

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
Holster warning!
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
Quick cautionary tale:
I wanted to share a warning email I received about a guy involved in an incident when using a Galco Jak 202 slide belt holster, carrying a Glock 9mm. Its an open top, inside the belt, leather holster. Just like a baseball glove does, the leather started to wear and soften with age. It was only about a year old. The holster started to get some weak spots and creases, unfortunately one of them was near the trigger guard. While fastening his seat belt, he shifted his weight and a crease in the holster went inside the trigger guard and caused an accidental discharge. Thankfully, he wasn't seriously hurt, but he learned a pretty valuable lesson. Check your equipment thoroughly and often, and when it gets wear and tear, its time to replace it.

Stay safe!

Marino Tactical Solutions
302-542-3755

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:27:41 PM by MarinoTactical »
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Holster warning!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »
And to think with the Glock trigger system this is not supposed to happen. However this is a very good lesson. Everyone worries about their pistol but never think about their holster.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Jay_DOBA

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »
I have always worried about this type of safety device on a pistol.  I am used to and like a release type, for this reason.

firedawg11

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
Don't blame the safe action system on the Glock.  Blame the genius who got lazy!
Be polite with all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before giving them your confidence.
~ George Washington

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »
Don't blame the safe action system on the Glock.  Blame the genius who got lazy!

X100.

Pavia

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
+1

Glock ADs only happen when the trigger gets pulled. Either by a finger or an object large enough to bypass the trigger safety. That being said, it does happen, and is no negative on the person who experiences it...

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
Years ago when I ran the pistol range a Ewe Beach HI for USMC, I saw all manner of ADs. Some with injuries.  Those that have not experienced an AD have NO idea just how FAST this happens.
Proud resident of Kent County DE