Author Topic: Need gun course w/in 30 days  (Read 3229 times)

SweetPete

Need gun course w/in 30 days
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »
So, I received a letter in the mail today that says I need proof of an approved gun course within the next 30 days or application will be denied. I'm at work and haven't read the letter yet, but wanted to get some input as to if this is the normal routine. I planned on taking the class after approved. Maybe this is the point where I take the class. :)   Also, where can I get into a class soon?? Thanks!!

Kent County - Dover

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Need gun course w/in 30 days
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »
I suggest you contact Marino Tactical Solutions in Lincoln. Instructor is a Police officer, and Army reserve Instructor. They have Saturday classes. They are NRA approved. I took mine there and did it all in one day.   Click here :  www.marinotactical.com   
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CMF

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
+1 Marino Tactical
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Although the county suggests that you submit your paper work and upon approval take a class, it would have been better to submit your class certificate with the rest of your papers. If you knew that the back ground check was essentially a non-issuse, taking the course before approval, would have speeded up the process, and not been a waste of time and money. I do not know if you are new to this site, but this issue has been discussed many times here.

Kilroy08

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
Give Dave over at First State Firearms Training a call. He's near the C&D canal and does the shooting portion at Ommelanden, not too bad of a drive from Dover. I did my course work through him and would solidly recommend him to any one. He typically does classes every Sunday and is more than happy to answer any questions you have.

SweetPete

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
Not sure how anyone would know there wouldn't be issues applying with all the hoops there are to jump through. The letter did say to provide proof of class completion OR proof of class registration within 30 days of letter being mailed. I would recommend not shelling out the $150-$400 for the class prior to approval. Just my opinion. I don't have that extra cash just lying around. Thanks for all the replies!

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
If you have a clean background, jump through all of the hoops, and all of your paper work is in proper order, there is very little, or no risk in spending the money for your course ahead of approval. Also no need to scramble to find a course in 30 days.