Author Topic: pa really fast  (Read 14483 times)

GLOCK23

pa really fast
« on: March 18, 2009, 02:04:34 AM »
hey guys...i mailed my pa non resident last week Tuesday and i called them to see if they received my application and they told me they sent out the permit yesterday, i should get it tomorrow,,,,,sweet,,

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: pa really fast
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »
Yea it only takes about a week
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GLOCK23

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »
hey guys got my pa non resident yesterday ,,,went to kinkos and re-size and laminate it,,fit nice in my wallet ,,fits way better than Delaware's permit

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
hey guys got my pa non resident yesterday ,,,went to kinkos and re-size and laminate it,,fit nice in my wallet ,,fits way better than Delaware's permit
For some reason, the quality of the PA permit has deteriorated more than the DE permit has.  I’ve seen PA go from a solid laminated version that included your photo, to a poster-sized piece of thin paper that actually includes some white-out tape on it.  The DE permit has also been dippin’ into the weight-gain, and has grown slightly in size.  This probably doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I specifically look for wallets that allow immediate access to such documents, without bein’ laid-out for the Home Depot girl to see when she’s checkin’ my ID for the credit card.  Anything to lessen the amount of time spent prone, with guns pointed at me.  At least these things are not the index-card-sized thingie that FL issues.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »
It amazes me that instead of using the state of the art ID machines that have cost god knows how much they resort to having a couple high school kids make the permits. I've had to reseal my DE permit several times just to keep it from falling apart.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:02:21 AM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
Yea I wish they would at the least make them a little more smaller to fit in my wallet.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 02:25:37 AM »
Yea I wish they would at the least make them a little more smaller to fit in my wallet.
As was previously mentioned by Glock23, you can always shrink that puppy down and laminate it.  I believe that’s what PA used to do.  I wound up shrinking mine to 64%, and laminated it myself.  I even thought about throwing a picture in there – but I got lazy.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:19:46 AM »
I was refering to the delaware permit. What I did wirh my PA permit was folded it and put it in a penney baseball card sleve.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
got a question corbon, Have you checked with PA to see if shrinkng the permit "voids" its legallity? I mean if you shrink it and carry the smaller version it is no longer the acctual permit and will the police recognize it as a permit. I'm not trying to argue you with you but if they don't have a problem with it I will do it also. It's a great idea and I never even thought of doing that.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
got a question corbon, Have you checked with PA to see if shrinkng the permit "voids" its legallity? I mean if you shrink it and carry the smaller version it is no longer the acctual permit and will the police recognize it as a permit. I'm not trying to argue you with you but if they don't have a problem with it I will do it also. It's a great idea and I never even thought of doing that.
I wondered about that, too, but here’s my thoughts.  As stated previously, my first PA permit was laminated, included a photo, and was stamped on the back that it was “A TRUE AND ATTESTED COPY,” and it was signed by the sheriff.  It looked “official.”  Next, the photo and the stamping went away.  Now, the lamination went away.  This thing honestly looks worse than something that WE could make up on the computer.  Your real “permit” is the number in the corner. There’d be a better case that you need the actual paper they sent to you if it included some kind of official seal, or your photo.  But since it doesn’t take on the role of identification, I’m hard-pressed to think that it matters.  Plus, it’s highly doubtful that any LEO is actually going to know the current dimensions of these things, as I truly believe the reason that they didn’t shrink and laminate this puppy was just to save a dollar or so.  And, as I said before, my “real” copy literally has white correction tape on it – so that doesn’t look too good.

So, that may not be a direct answer to your question – but that’s my way of thinkin’.         

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »
I was told Lancaster Co still issues cards and I'm wondering if I can take my Centre County Permit and get a new Lancaster Co Permit?

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »
SigP250:  "I was refering to the delaware permit. What I did wirh my PA permit was folded it and put it in a penney baseball card sleve."

Havin' a problem with the quote feature working on this particular message.  I did that with the PA permit, too, but it still seemed like I was carrying around a KISS poster in my wallet.  So, that’s when I did the shrink-a-roo thingie.  As far as the DE permit, the card itself is so big that trimming it won’t even help.  I did find a spot in my wallet for it, but it is more “hidden” than what I would like.  Where the previous versions were kept in my wallet, it was much easier to give directions to someone else so that they could find it.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
I was told Lancaster Co still issues cards and I'm wondering if I can take my Centre County Permit and get a new Lancaster Co Permit?
I'd have gladly paid $5 more if that's what they needed to give me "real" ID.  Especially considering how much cheaper PA is than DE.

Hey, when people complain that DE taxes are “too low,” and cite our neighboring states as examples, should we complain that DE permit costs are “too high” – and cite PA?     

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
Good answer Corbon, I was just curious cause I like the idea but also don't wanna get hung up somehow, while PA is much kinder to us gun toters than other states, it's better safe than sorry. On Monday I'll call the Centre County courthouse and see if I can find out from them for sure.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »
On Monday I'll call the Centre County courthouse and see if I can find out from them for sure.
When I sent in my last signed renewal form, I sent Denny Nau a “thank you” note for having such a fine working department.  Really, they send you a reminder, AND get that thing done immediately.  York County was actually pretty good, too (but not as good), until they stopped doing the non-res stuff.  That was back when they’d take your photo and print up the ID – while you stood there and waited.