Author Topic: pa really fast  (Read 14457 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: pa really fast
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 11:22:42 PM »
Gunenvy any word from Centre Co?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »
@@@@ I got busy and forgot to call, will do on thursday
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »
I called up to Centre County today and spoke to a waoman named Cheryl. Very nice lady but I fely like an genius after I called. I started to mention that my nonresident permit was beginning to tatter quite a bit. She sort of interupted me (nicely) and asked if I had a photo copier. (LMAO) I asked if I could shrink it down and laminate it and she said that yes that can be done.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
Cool, now we know

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
I called up to Centre County today and spoke to a waoman named Cheryl. Very nice lady but I fely like an genius after I called. I started to mention that my nonresident permit was beginning to tatter quite a bit. She sort of interupted me (nicely) and asked if I had a photo copier. (LMAO) I asked if I could shrink it down and laminate it and she said that yes that can be done.
Good deal.  So, that's one less law that we're breakin'...
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »
Corbon, When you said it, it made sense to me but I get paranoid when it comes to the laws. I did mine today at work and it really helps.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »
Corbon, When you said it, it made sense to me but I get paranoid when it comes to the laws. I did mine today at work and it really helps.
Well, I certainly didn’t take any offense.  And, being paranoid can be a good thing, as paranoia can be a teaching tool.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »
Ok, brilliant question time...   

where in the heck are you guys laminating your shrunken permits?!  I'm anticipating having to do this when I get mine, and just wondered why the system is so defunct it can't just issue something like our drivers license that isn't laminated.  I'd be willing to pay more for something like that! 

Moosie~
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »
I have a laminator at work but I think staples will do it also.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 11:59:54 PM »
Ok, brilliant question time...   

where in the heck are you guys laminating your shrunken permits?!
If you don’t have a laminator (and some of the small ones are fairly inexpensive), you have three choices.  First, go to a copy shop (Kinko’s, Office Max/Depot, Staples, etc.) and pay a couple of bucks.  Second, they sell no-heat sleeves that you can slide these things into – where they basically glue themselves together.  And third (just to demonstrate how cheap I am on some of this stuff), you can buy the heat-seal sleeves and (are ya ready?) get out the iron and a towel.  Heat up the iron, place the sleeve with the ID in it down on the table/ironing board, and lay the towel over it.  And, yes, IRON your laminated sleeve on.  Hey, it works.   

plasticman

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 01:40:23 AM »
Funny, I just got mine. I laughed my head off when I saw it. First of all, the @@@@ thing was the size of a paper back book. Second of all it looked like a 3 year old put it together. For the money I spent and the hassle that I went thru to get it, I was expecting a little more quality. I guess, just getting it is a blessing in this liberal state  :o

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »
I would have thought they would make it harder to duplicate guess I was wrong