Author Topic: Advanced classes in Delaware  (Read 13174 times)

MikeF

Advanced classes in Delaware
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
Are there any advanced classes offered in Delaware?  Something like a Close Range Gun Fighting style class?

Mike

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
Re: Advanced classes in Delaware
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
Know what. I have always wondered that if you took advanced traning classes in self defense or others would that be held against you in a court of law?
Craig

Rfscanner

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »
You know what would be cool. Force on force with airsoft.
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

MikeF

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:13 AM »
From my understanding and listening to Massad Ayoob interviews that the more training and education (documented) you have the better prepared you will be in self defense situations.  This will only help you in a court of law because it can be argued that you have been properly trained on several different levels and are more knowledgeable than someone that just had the basic class to get their CCW.

I'm planning to take a MAG 40 class next year but would like to do something local this year.

And yes the airsoft close combat training would be pretty cool!

Mike

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
Took NRA PPITH and PPOTH locally.  Granted static target, but did have some close in stuff and low light.

Also, DSPC offers action pistol on Monday nights.  Different scenarios and strong side holster needed and extra mags.

Neither of the above are Force on force.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »
The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers advanced training classes to the public.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:46:52 PM by frank »

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »
frank,
You didn't say what county you live in. This is a common mistake that is made by commentors on this forum. There is as much difference as night a nd day between getting CCDW in N/C county and down state counties. What applies in one county doesn't always apply in another county.
If you live in lower Kent County or Sussex County I would reccommed you speak with Kirk Marino and www.marinotactical.com  , he is a police officer and Army weapons instructor and gives great courses.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
I live in Kent County, but this has nothing to about where advanced firearms instruction can be obtained, which was the original question.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
Agreed Frank.  I'm looking for OH instructor level class.  Did a search with 200 miles!
If you WANT the class and find it, you'll drive.  Otherwise, guess you did not want
it that bad.

CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Ex USCG

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers advanced training classes to the public.

Frank,

You are correct. The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club is offerring many classes now which are open to the public.  For anyone looking for further information on what the BRPC provides, here is a link to their training site. This is where I took my DE CCDW course almost two years ago when it was only for club members.  They have since opened their classes to the general public.

http://rca8733.wix.com/bvrptrainsite

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »

OMG, web site is PAINFULLY slow!  Stuck around for just a few minutes, then made a mad dash outta there.

Ex USCG

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »

OMG, web site is PAINFULLY slow!  Stuck around for just a few minutes, then made a mad dash outta there.

Radnor-

A fluke maybe?  I just went there and was able to navigate through every page instantly. I am at work (Denton. Md) and we only have a 3Mbps DSL connection for our building of 20 people.  Please let me know if you continue to have an issue so I can address it with the webmaster. I am only a club member, but I do know who put the website together. Thanks for your help.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Thanks, Ex USCG, I did not think to post the link. I was in Company Hotel 56 at Cape May.

MikeF

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
Has anyone taken any of the advanced classes in Bridgeville?  I live in North Wilmington so I would like some input before I make the drive.  Thanks!

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Has anyone taken any of the advanced classes in Bridgeville?  I live in North Wilmington so I would like some input before I make the drive.  Thanks!

Really interested as well, I wish there were some info on the experience and background of the instructors.