Author Topic: Course Review: 302 TacOps Offensive Gun Fighting Handgun II  (Read 2183 times)

SuaSponte

Course Review: 302 TacOps Offensive Gun Fighting Handgun II
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »
As an experienced Special Operator, and High Threat Protective Security professional, I wanted to send out my review of the 302 TacOps Offensive Gun Fighting Handgun II course.

In short: the course is top notch, and In my opinion, there is no better class for the cost.

In detail: Background - I was looking for a local firearms course that could provide industry leading quality in order to refresh my skill set. Frankly, for the last five years I have been nearly out of the game, because of several important reasons. Some of which include, getting my education(Post 9/11 GI Bill), marriage, starting a family, and reintegrating into civilian life. yeah I know blah blah blah, cool story bro

Currently, I am preparing to return to the field, which requires a serious return to training. In the private military world it is stated, that in order to maintain your skill set, you must AT LEAST conduct an extended, and intensive training course every six months.

I heard about this course through a friend who has recently attained his DE.CC. through the 302 TacOps group.

I spoke with Bill about what the course would cover and signed up.

We spent approximately 10 hours training. The day started off with some classroom material in a nice lakeside hunting style lodge. Based on content and atmosphere, I immediately understood I was in good hands. The course was safe, clear, concise, and presented a rock-solid knowledge base. After the classroom material, the class was moved outdoors in order to conduct dry-fire drill. Drills included clearing common malfunctions (utilizing dummy rounds), immediate and remedial actions, and covered modern techniques for addressing these issues. This forces the student to identify and then work through cycle problems presented at random....great drills. Other drill included speed reloads, tactical reloads, grip & stance considerations, trigger control, and situational awareness. We covered holsters, kit, and other load out considerations as well. As stated earlier, top notch.

The next move was to the range : We were properly briefed, and then moved to the firing line. I always felt safe. Without giving away all of the 302 TacOps intellectual property, I will tell you this. Every drill was skillfully demonstrated and every student left that day several levels more capable, and confident, before leaving. The range itself is spacious and impressive... by far the best I have seen in this area. It is outdoors, uses quality steel targets, has concealment set ups, and allows for movement drills... shoot-move-communicate.  

I highly recommend this course to anyone who owns a handgun. You have to ask your self this question " Am I liability or an asset to society by owning a weapon"

Training is the answer. You are either trained or you are not. Fulfilling the bare minimum in order to carry concealed is just the beginning.

Humbly, I personally have 10+ combat tours, served in the 3rd Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment, and worked privately for Blackwater Security Consulting. But, as mentioned above, needed to train and needed this course. I personally need the most work with a handgun, because it was never a primary weapon system for me. But, now as the person responsible for protecting my home and as an individual who plans on carrying concealed, this type of training is an absolute must.

302 TacOps Hangun II is the real deal!

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:47:24 AM by SuaSponte »