Author Topic: Are These For Real - 302 Tac Ops Group Reviews  (Read 10936 times)

fdegree

Are These For Real - 302 Tac Ops Group Reviews
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »
If these reviews are true and authentic, then good for Bill...keep up the good work, and I sincerely apologize for what I am going to question next.

But...
...it seems a bit odd that quite a few people have joined this forum for no other significant contribution than to post a raving review of this course.  Am I the only one that sees this as a little suspicious?

If these are truly unsolicited, authentic, individual reviews then I once again want to apologize to you Bill.  Just write me off as an overly suspicious skeptic, and ignore this.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Are These For Real - 302 Tac Ops Group Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »
I would hope that's not the case: my wife and I are interested in taking the course.
Still, we're waiting to see reviews from folks who have been on the forum for more than an hour.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:25:24 AM »
I'm glad you said what I was thinking.
New Castle County

wildbillbjj

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:12:35 AM »
I know the course reviews have been sudden but I do assure you these are all guys who have taken my classes. In fact these 3 guys where all part of my Sept 15th Handgun II course. I did encourage them to come on the site and give a full review but in all honesty I wanted it to be a single thread instead of 3 separate threads my apologies. All of these students are linked to the 302 Tac Ops Group FaceBook site if anyone would like to engage them further. We have expanded our course offerings the facility and the property we use so I would like to expose more people to what we have to offer and give people an idea of what it is we are all about. Again sorry for the sudden uptick in reviews I will try to keep the future guys on one thread. Any questions or comments feel free to contact me. Thanks WB

parabellum AAR

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
    I stand by my recomendation of the Handgun II course. 
    I used 302 Tac Ops CCW training for 11 of my customers, to meet the Delaware State Concealed Carry training requirement.  All participants were very farmiliar with fireearm use and only needed the class to meet the license requirements.  After the class, I persosonally spoke with 7 of the participants, and they spoke for the remaining 4.  They all had a great experience.  The qualifying part of the class was much better than they ever expected.

parabellum AAR

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 06:58:58 PM »
Sorry I've only been on the site for an hour.  I would have beeen on for a year or longer, had I know about it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »
Sorry I've only been on the site for an hour.  I would have beeen on for a year or longer, had I know about it.
Sorry about the "hour" crack. What I meant was, I was waiting for someone we already know on the forum to take the class.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SuaSponte

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:32:38 AM »
I would be happy to talk with anyone about my personal experience with 302 Tac. I am a new member to the forum, and a new member to the Delaware shooting community as well. Bill did ask us for feedback, and because I felt that the course was high-quality, I decided to give my opinion. Frankly, I think it speaks of the course because multiple people felt the need to commit some personal time and give a full review.

SlowIsSmoothSmoothIsFast

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
I can certainly understand the skepticism but I, too, stand by my review. Bill is a great guy, a better instructor and more than worthy of the recognition given in our reviews.  As in my original review, I invite anyone to reach out to me. Jeffrey.Shahan@gmail.com.  I am a normal guy, and thanks to Bill, a normal guy who's learning some good stuff! On the one hour/getting to know crack.... Reach out and let's get some lead down the range!!! Best, Jeff

MikeF

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
Jeff,

If your brother is Brian I went to high school with him and know him well!  Small world!

402carry

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »
I also just completed the CCW Course with Bill Walters and have to say he was a very good, approachable teacher.  Made it a very student friendly environment, and was good at explaining topics to us, after all he is the teacher we are the students.  Also, very very safety minded when it comes to handling and being around firearms.  I would recommend his course for anyone, because it also opens the door easily to get to know him and be on the inside when he offers his other handgun, self defence, rifle courses etc.

-Gabe
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit

wfd192

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 01:36:51 AM »
I took a private class with Bill in February ......excellant class. I had problems with my qualifying piece and Bill tried to correct the problem himself. After being unable to fix the problem ( gun had to return to factory) ......Bill immediately set up another afternnon to qualify shoot. He didn't push me off or delay in any sense of the word. I would take his class anytime again. I know there are many CCW classes offered by dozens of instructors. Some may be better then others. Have talked to a few other instructors and they all give pretty much same information. Presentation means a lot when instructing ........

SlowIsSmoothSmoothIsFast

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 03:41:18 AM »
Jeff,

If your brother is Brian I went to high school with him and know him well!  Small world!

A small world it is! Brian is my brother. Sorry for my delayed response!

SteveMiller

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »
I took the combat shooting course on 6/23 and got a lot out of it. I learned that about 25% of the time my sig would fail to fire on the 2nd round because of interference between my crossbread and mag release.  Should be fixed now.  I could take the class again just to test my fix.  You can learn a lot during times drills that you may not learn without pressure. I recommend this course.  This is an old post.  Any other new reviews?
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

ThePixelated

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:32 AM »
I also just completed the CCW Course with Bill Walters and have to say he was a very good, approachable teacher.  Made it a very student friendly environment, and was good at explaining topics to us, after all he is the teacher we are the students.  Also, very very safety minded when it comes to handling and being around firearms.  I would recommend his course for anyone, because it also opens the door easily to get to know him and be on the inside when he offers his other handgun, self defence, rifle courses etc.

-Gabe

Me & my wife just took the class and loved it - both the class and shooting parts. Bill & his assistant Mike are great teachers and were very positive about correcting our mistakes during our range trip. We look forward to taking more classes at 302 Tac Ops!