Author Topic: New CB QuikClip Holster Review  (Read 3678 times)

Thlax

New CB QuikClip Holster Review
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
Just picked up a G26 for my CCW, rather than my G23. I contacted CB and they said I could send the holster back + $40 and they would send me a new holster for my G26. Although the G26 fit because it was smaller (obviously)--it wasn't meant for it and something I needed exactly right. They had sent out my new holster within 48hrs upon receiving my old one! Wonderful service.

On the website I noticed the new QuikClip holster. It's made in general for smaller(ish) guns (but can be used for larger-may sag a little). Its great feature is the new SINGLE kydex-like clip. Due to work requirements, I may not carry (different discussion) however, it forces me to take my holster on and off more often than id care. This new clip make it much easier. The holster has several position options I believe too. I wear at 4 o'clock.

This single clip is great!! Thick clip with nice hook at the end works great. All in all- love it.

Possibly considering a combat cut for it though. UPDATE BELOW WITH COMBAT CUT.

*All proper gun safety and care was taken during photo shoot*

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:20:08 PM by Thlax »

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: New CB QuikClip Holster Review
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »
I was warned against clip on holsters by the instructor when i took my DECCW course. He said it's too easy for someone to come up behind you and pull the gun, holster and all off you hip. I use a IWB with belt loops for CC, and a OWB with a securing device for OC.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bmel17

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »
That holster is for CC.  I think it would be hard for them to spot it, get close enough to you without your spider sense tingling and then somehow ripping it through your shirt.  But that is just my opinion.

Thlax

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
I was warned against clip on holsters by the instructor when i took my DECCW course. He said it's too easy for someone to come up behind you and pull the gun, holster and all off you hip. I use a IWB with belt loops for CC, and a OWB with a securing device for OC.

Nothing personal against you or the instructor...

1) No one knows when I am or not carrying. That is the point of CCW.
-----eliminates all problems---------
2) This is IWB holster.
3) The clip is like a fish hook, and loops back up under my belt. I struggle to take the holster off myself in one clean action when undressing. Normally takes me a couple seconds to work off the hook part of the loop. The hook part may be seen in the side picture of the clip of it is almost touching the holster.

Great holster. Love it. Would only recommend for small guns.

Thlax

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
All in all i decided to do a combat cut. Because this a G26 (Baby Glock) I need to get a better grip for a solid draw compared to a full/compact size where you have more grip room. Rather than ship back kill more time and spend more, I just took a pair of scissors to it then sanded the edge when done. Came out perfect. You can see in the picture I can get a complete grip/wrap on the handle when I draw now where as before I could not (as easily-was very hard) due to the leather.