Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4061 times)

togjr9

« on: November 01, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
 :) Ran into this forum when doing a Q&A about Delaware CCW permits. Just submitted my application today, although I am expecting some rough roads. Got a second DUI over 2 years, have been clean and sober since. Hesitated to apply, but god willing and a little honesty, hopefully everything will work out. If not I still enjoy target shooting, here's hoping for the best.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »
Welcome!
Good luck on your app, and a big congrats to your two years of sobriety!
I'm north of Middletown.
New Castle County

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:39:17 AM »
Congrats on your sobriety!  My last DUI was over 10-years ago and I was approved.  Curious to what happens with your app.  Keep us posted and one day at time.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:45:24 AM by joek »

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:58 AM »
Good luck with your app.  I’ve never made a mistake or have been found using bad judgment so I have no idea how this is going to play out for you.  If you believe that, I have some beach front property that just came available in NJ if you’re interested.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

togjr9

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
Just signed up for my CCw Class with 302 Tac Ops, was going to wait for approval but from the reviews it seems to be a good class to take either way.

togjr9

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
For anyone interested I just received my denial letter, trying to decide whether to appeal or not.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
Sorry you were denied. Before you appeal, it might be worth a call to the AG's office and ask what they feel would be an appropriate time frame if you were to apply again...   BUT, my understanding is that if you appeal, you get to be in front of the judge personally and explain your self. 

Just my .02 cents.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 10:11:53 PM »
Newark attorney who advertises CCDW appeals on his page. I don't know him.
http://www.farren-law.com/Criminal-Defense/Other-Criminal-Law-Matters/CCDW-Appeals-Carrying-Concealed.shtml
New Castle County

John

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
Please keep us posted if you appeal. Good Luck!

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:01 AM »
Sorry to hear about that. I have not been into gun stuff until 2010, but I have only heard of one other guy declined. Good luck with it.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"