Author Topic: Cost of CCW classes in Delaware?  (Read 17777 times)

HikerToo

Cost of CCW classes in Delaware?
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »
OK, so can someone list the cost of the CCW classes by different companies in Delaware?
Are most of them down to one day of instruction now?
Mostly looking for New Castle County.
Would be great to have one place with company, web, phone, location, price all in one thread.........
CZ 75 BD 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
Ruger LCR .38
S&W 4" revolver .38

HikerToo

Re: Cost of CCW classes in Delaware?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
Found this to start:

www.firststatefirearmstraining.com
Course Cost:
$150.00 accepted in cash or checks
-------------------------------

http://libertyfirearmsde.com/Home_Page.html
2) Write Check for $100.00 - $120.00 balance due at class  ??
-----------------------

http://www.trintacusa.com/Pages/CCDWInfo.aspx
2 days
Cost??
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:39:27 PM by HikerToo »
CZ 75 BD 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
Ruger LCR .38
S&W 4" revolver .38

kenp1980m

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »
I know you said Delaware but just wanted to say Target Master is right over the border in PA and DE accepts their training for CCW. 3 days of class for around... $375.00. I'm gonna go with First State.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:05:15 AM »
Good choice kenp1980m!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
Classes at Marino Tactical Solutions in Lincoln, for those of you in Kent or Sussex County, 1 day, $150.00. Both I and several friends have taken this class and got our DECCW

www.marinotacticalsolution.com

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
My opinion is, that a one day class is not going to give you all you need to know about your respondsibilities, or the laws.There are many questions asked on this site, which anyone who has a permit should know the answers to. I took a two day course offered by the Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club, one 8 hour day was devoted to safety, gun knowledge, and the laws and various senarios, and how the laws apply. I do not believe this can be done in a day combined with the required shooting component. If your concern is with quick and easy, perhaps you should not have a permit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »
It's bad enought I have to listen to Obama, Biden, Holder, Markell, and Beau Beau about gun control, but now frank is telling me I shouldn't have a permit. What's up with that?
That Instructor amd Marino is not only a NRA certified instructor, but is a police officer and in the US Army as a tactical instructor. He lives the real life. Not just some range rover.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »
"If your concern is with quick and easy" and not learning and understanding the laws and your respondsibilities as a permit holder, then perhaps you should not have a permit.
When I went to class, one day devoted to just laws , safety, and one's obligations, and respondsibilities, did not seem to be enough. The next day (range day), many still had questions about the previous day's class. I do not think a one day class is sufficient, my opinion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
Opinions of other people are best kept to ones self.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
I am looking for a class in Sussex county. How about reviews of classes you have taken besides just cost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
There are choices pretty much from 1 day to 3 day classes and each has a place. Some people can't devote 1 full day, working days as an example, though can take 3 evening classes. Others want the basic info as quickly as possible, while others prefer 2 full days (and have the time). Money plays into this also since the courses vary from 150 through 375.

I personally wanted a 1 day class, that taught what the state required and for a fair price. The wife wanted to take the class at the same time which meant an extra expense of a babysitter for 9 hours. We met at the range where we did the live shooting of 100 rounds then went and did the classroom instruction. When we left we were overwhelmed with information from the 4-5 hour classroom time. It was simply a ton of information to digest in an afternoon. That said we were provided with all the state required information and laws printed out and in a nice folder we were able to take home for further reading. Additionally the instructors can be called or emailed in the future and will happily help you out if you have questions.

I don't agree that 2 days would have been any better. The state required information was explained, questions were asked & answered and neither of us felt the class was rushed at all... it's just a lot of information. The shooting part is easy. You shoot 100 rounds using 2 hands, main hand, off hand, to the left, to the right and some point and shoot exercises. Anyone, including most newcomers should be able to do this easily. Some nervousness is expected for new shooters but that's what the instructors are there for.. to help you through this. The classroom.. 80% of it is all the legal BS. Listen, pay attention, participate and ask questions and volunteer answers when asked 'does anyone know...'. Go home and go over all the laws again a few times reading the provided paperwork. Seriously, topics like safety, cleaning, identifying semi-auto and revolver parts are important to cover but the once over should cover it easily.

I see some 'ccdw' courses requiring 2 full days, 250 rounds, $300+, etc and being told that 'they go over more information' doesn't sit with me. A basic course is what the State Requires! Its the basic handing, shooting (100 rounds), maintenance and legal information. With classes of a dozen of more at 150-200 per person for 1 day that's decent money for the instructors and a fair price for the students/clients. Anything that offers additional information and/or requires additional rounds fired is not a basic course but an advanced course and should be advertised as such.

I wasn't looking for 'quick and easy' but I was looking for a class I could take in 1 day, was affordable and would cover everything the State required. We took the First State Firearms Training class, got everything we were looking for and had a fun time with quite a few laughs throughout the day. My wife was a new shooter with only a single range day prior to the class. We both happily recommend them as a CCDW training course for anyone in NCC.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »
Kudos, Adrenolin

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

carter

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
   A little over 25 years ago now I took my first concealed carry class. It was at Del Tech. It was for a whole semester and I received 3 credits for taking it. I estimate about 40 hours. Sam Chickadel taught the class. About five years ago I took the same class from Sam again as a refresher.  He condensed it down to 7 weeks that time. In addition to this class I have taken classes at Center Mass and with Suarez. I also have done much self teaching with many books, DVDs; you tube videos and forums like this one.
   The State Required CCDW class is just a start. Further training is necessary. There is so much more to learn. The fact is even after taking the State required course you still will not know what you don’t know. You don’t know what you have not been taught. You cant, nobody can.  8 hours is not enough. 16 hours does not even come close. You cant know how much was left out of your class. What did you not learn that I did sitting in a class room once week for 14 weeks. 
   Zimmerman is the classic case of someone that needed more training and did not get it. Delaware does not need another Zimmerman. Please get more training before you screw up concealed carry for the rest of us. Do you really want everyone that use to carry hating you because you messed it up for the rest of us. The Castle doctrine is dead because of Zimmerman. We will never see it in Delaware now because Zimmerman did not get the training he needed.
   Carrying a firearm is a responsibility. One responsibility is to not screw it up for the rest of us. I have had the training. Until you have had over 40 hours of training you ARE not qualified to decide, Could not possibly know if 8 or 16 hours is enough.  How can a person that just learned to add possibly know whether they need to know how to multiply or not?

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »
   Zimmerman is the classic case of someone that needed more training and did not get it. Delaware does not need another Zimmerman. Please get more training before you screw up concealed carry for the rest of us. Do you really want everyone that use to carry hating you because you messed it up for the rest of us. The Castle doctrine is dead because of Zimmerman. We will never see it in Delaware now because Zimmerman did not get the training he needed.

I am assuming you are talking about George Zimmerman here. What exactly was the shortcoming of Zimmerman's training that led to this shooting?  Once you get beyond the political posturing and hype the state's case seems weak. He has yet to be convicted. Do you know something about his background and training that maybe we don't?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »
That is a great idea, you go first.

Opinions of other people are best kept to ones self.