Author Topic: Cost of CCW classes in Delaware?  (Read 17776 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Cost of CCW classes in Delaware?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
There are many threat scenarios.  More than can be covered in any classroom.  Once a threat is identified then YOU decide what action is appropriate.  You and only you.  Then the law enforcement and legal system take over from there.

Instead of studying to practice law I would say spend your time practicing at the range.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
Wednesday I attended the Marino Tactical CCDW class along with my wife. Kirk Marino is very versed in tactical and weapons use. His presentation was very processional and the scenarios he offered showed real world situations and he helped you understand what position you are in when you conceal carry. He answered many question and was very approachable. The classroom time seem to go very fast as he covered all the requirement plus some personal experiences and videos of other situations that happened.

Range time was the best part as he tailored it to the experience of each person attending the class. Dry fire first then on to actual firing. During the firing time he was very safety conscience along with providing a number of scenario situations. We practiced fast reloading and firing, moving, being aware of your surroundings, and other drills. The required 100 rounds went so fast I thought we should have used more.

I would recommend Marino Tactical to anyone needing to take the CCDW course.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:25 AM »
Marino Tactical Solutions---$150 for 1 day class
Sussex County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »
It's bad enought I have to listen to Obama, Biden, Holder, Markell, and Beau Beau about gun control, but now frank is telling me I shouldn't have a permit. What's up with that?
That Instructor amd Marino is not only a NRA certified instructor, but is a police officer and in the US Army as a tactical instructor. He lives the real life. Not just some range rover.

Agreed, I took a one day course with First State Firearms and thought it was an excellent class.  I feel confident that I have learned all I need to know to carry a permit.  Why someone would make opinions about a class he never attended is pointless.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Poppop XDM

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
Took my class at First State Firearms Training and was very happy with the results.  Much info and a lot of help and patience   Good instructors
Kent County

packing preacher

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 05:59:03 AM »
Thanks for the advice. This is helpful.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
Partner and I offer a class for $200.00.  It's a one day class.
At the end of it we also discuss a few non-res permits and how to
get them.

Sig line below has info.

Will echo the good info for the down state people about Kirk and his partner Barry.
Both are good people.  Both were in our NRA Instructor class we offered.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »
  I heard Radnor buys the good pizza at his classes.  ::)
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.