Author Topic: Ban on Gun Sales to People Under 21  (Read 2912 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Ban on Gun Sales to People Under 21
« on: October 26, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »
An appeals court on Thursday upheld a federal law that prohibits people under the age of 21 from purchasing handguns from dealers, rejecting the first challenge to the age rule since the Supreme Court recognized an individual’s right to keep and bear arms.

In a 3-0 ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit held that the age restriction, which dates back to 1968, was “consistent with a longstanding tradition of targeting select groups’ ability to access and to use arms for the sake of public safety."

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/10/25/fifth-circuit-upholds-ban-on-gun-sales-to-people-under-21/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Ban on Gun Sales to People Under 21
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »

They are at it again. Now that Obama is back in office the UN weapons treaty is back on the table. It includes banning citizen owned weapons. It is a UN treaty and over rules US or local athority. Only way to get around it, if passed, is for the US to pull out of the UN, and you know that won't happen. We should pull out and tell them to get out of New York and America.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/following-obama-victory-u-s-backs-new-u-n-arms-treaty-talks/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bmel17

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
The small arms treaty doesn't infringe on 2a rights.  It is an export treaty for weapons leaving the country. This is a quote from the article you posted:

According to Reuters, U.S. officials have also acknowledged — albeit in private — that the treaty would not infringe on domestic gun ownership or sales and would only affect exports.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
WOE!  This is potentially a very big deal.  When nations fall into civil yet violent dispute, weapons resources are almost always originating off shore.  This could limit an even playing field should the U.S. Constitution need protection.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
   Accually it does limit guns and gun owernship.  Some people like AK's    some are half price of  a AR.

So , russia, china both sign this bill.     They no longer export.     

Now, the only gun you can buy is a USA Full built gun.   USA now owns the market.
Since you just cut our export, OUR manufacures, need to make up for lost revenue.  You guessed it.   Higher pricing.    So in  a sense, you guys that want  a entry level gun at 500 bucks.  Just got screwed.   It will impact HOW many guns you will be buying . 

High price, bad economy, Who has the money?

come on politicians,  YOU CANT CONTROL COCAINE from comming into this country.  Do you think you can control guns leaving China or Russia,  You are just screwing AMERICAN Jobs.     New satellite gun building shops will spring up in third world contries.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »
If no one can export, then there are no imports!