Author Topic: 1911 or Double action  (Read 10722 times)

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
Re: 1911 or Double action
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
What I recommend, you may not like. Shoot several different pistols and make your own choice. Shooter's Choice near Cheswold, De., and other shops will rent "try" guns. Personnally, after trying S&W, Sig, Glock, and others, I opted for the Springfield XDM 3.8 compact. I have two, one in 9mm, the other in .45. I am very happy with my choice, they conceal well, fit my hand well, are accurate, shoot hollow points well, and after many rounds, I have had no malfunctions.

bigdogde

• U BE THE JUDGE
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
i carry a xds 45acp very reliable very comfortable to conceal !
Lower slower enjoying life in Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »
I've been looking at that Dan Wesson Guardian myself as a first 1911. Friend out west has one and cant stop talking about it :)

Frank, what would you recomend?

As Joet stated its a personal thing. I disliked Sig, S&W are over priced IMO but have a few, never got on the Glock band wagon though I'd buy 2 17s if I found them for cheap.

What I fell in love with were the Walther PPS and PPQ striker fired pistols. The PPS is about as perfect as you can get IMO as a small ccw. I prefer the larger PPQ myself as the darn thing simply puts a hole where ever I look. It's got a lightening fast action trigger at about 5lbs with a 1/8" reset! Both fit the hands better then anything else I've picked up and fired. We went 9mm due to cost per round which allows much more range time but they are both available in 40 as well. Bought the PPS locally and overpaid of course and the PPQ from Buds.

I shoot at Shooters Choice, Dover mostly as I'm in the Middletown area. I've never seen either available to rent there but let me know in the new year if you'd like to give them a try and we can set something up.

CMF

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:20 AM »
Adrenolin: My son has the PPQ in 40 and I agree, the trigger is the best of ALL striker fired. Grip is excellent.
BigdogDE: I have been CC the XDS for a month now and mates with my clothing much better than my Glock 19 main carry. I did add a Pierce mag ext for my pinky and Talon rubber grips. Fun gun to shoot but need to holster after 50 as accuracy begins to suffer.
CMF
sorry about hijacking your thread Blazerman
Handsome DW BobW

Feinstein wants Photo ID and registration to own a gun. Funny when GOP wanted Photo ID for registering to vote it was racist.   
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

jopy2020

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 02:04:29 AM »
I don't carry my 1911 with regularity, but I have a Sig 1911, and prefer it over a DA pistol just because of the consistency of the trigger pull.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County