Author Topic: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban  (Read 31864 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
Drugs are already banned. See what good that does. Criminals don't obey drug laws, and they won't obey gun bans. It all goes back to that famous old saying, "When having guns is criminalized, only criminals will have guns". That's why "Famous Old Sayings" become famous and old. Because they are true.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
I’ve got it!

Pass legislation that sets the daily bag limit of children in school, or people at the mall, at zero!   Crazed gun freaks will not even bother to go after schools or malls knowing that there is a zero daily bag limit!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »
If I'm not mistaken assault  rifles were banned in 1934 & the current rifles most of us have are not assault rifles but look a likes.  An assault rife has selective firing & can fire in full auto mode. I know some states allow people to purchase them, but they are carefully followed & most likely watched.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
If I'm not mistaken assault  rifles were banned in 1934 & the current rifles most of us have are not assault rifles but look a likes.  An assault rife has selective firing & can fire in full auto mode. I know some states allow people to purchase them, but they are carefully followed & most likely watched.

Don't confuse assault "rifles" with assault "weapons."  I do not necessarily like using Wikipedia as a reference but this is part of what they have to say about the previous Assault Weapons Ban:
Actually possessing the operational features, such as 'full-auto', is not required for classification as an assault weapon; merely the possession of cosmetic features is enough to warrant such classification as an assault weapon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

triangle172

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
While they are banning the nasty assault rifle, they should ban drugs as well. That would make America a safer place.  ???

Where have you been? Drugs are banned except for pot in now two states. The War on Drugs has been one of the biggest waste of tax dollars and an even bigger waste of law enforcement resources in our nations history.

Legalization, control and taxation would virtually eliminate drug related crime.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »
I’ve got it!

Pass legislation that sets the daily bag limit of children in school, or people at the mall, at zero!   Crazed gun freaks will not even bother to go after schools or malls knowing that there is a zero daily bag limit!

I think "zero" is too restrictive.

Maybe they should issue tags, like they do for deer. A hunting license would be required, and training at Ommelanden...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

BobW

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:42 AM »
Little bit of sarcasm there. Just pointing out that banning something does not make it go away........

While they are banning the nasty assault rifle, they should ban drugs as well. That would make America a safer place.  ???

Where have you been? Drugs are banned except for pot in now two states. The War on Drugs has been one of the biggest waste of tax dollars and an even bigger waste of law enforcement resources in our nations history.

Legalization, control and taxation would virtually eliminate drug related crime.

Bmel17

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
While they are banning the nasty assault rifle, they should ban drugs as well. That would make America a SOBER place.  ???

Fixed it for ya!  ;D

triangle172

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
While they are banning the nasty assault rifle, they should ban drugs as well. That would make America a SOBER place.  ???

Fixed it for ya!  ;D

Fair enough Sir! ;D

kathy1

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 01:37:04 AM »
and violent video games and violent movies

triangle172

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
and violent video games and violent movies

Nonsense. What more do you want the government to dictate? Think about that for a minute. How about  parents take more responsibility for their  kids? What was this knucklehead woman in CT thinking buying an Autistic kid assault weapons? Autistic does not equal insane but it surely does not equal well adjusted enough for firearm ownership. The only justice in this horror is he took her out first.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:00:38 AM by TwistedKarma »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »
  Kathy has merit on this, Kids that do this, are falling into a fantasy world,  so by playing the games,  getting locked into this world, then taking them to the range.  Then letting them watch movies that glorify guns and violence, the copy cat emerges.

Now, not all will fall prey, only a few that the elevator is having issues with getting to the top floor.   Shy seems to play a role, a persons ability to get along.  This seems to be a key.
  Spotting it in school seems to be the place to pick it out.  This is where it develops, parents are the other half, they see it.  Are they blind to it?   Do they say he will grow out of it? Most do.   This would be the problem.  Ignoring it.     

Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

triangle172

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
  Kathy has merit on this, Kids that do this, are falling into a fantasy world,  so by playing the games,  getting locked into this world, then taking them to the range.  Then letting them watch movies that glorify guns and violence, the copy cat emerges.

Now, not all will fall prey, only a few that the elevator is having issues with getting to the top floor.   Shy seems to play a role, a persons ability to get along.  This seems to be a key.
  Spotting it in school seems to be the place to pick it out.  This is where it develops, parents are the other half, they see it.  Are they blind to it?   Do they say he will grow out of it? Most do.   This would be the problem.  Ignoring it.     

So the 99.999% that are well adjusted should be deprived and/or punished as a result of the behaviors of the .0001%??  Blaming movie or video game content for violence is the same as blaming an inanimate object such as a knife or gun for murder. Do you really believe that genius in Aurora,CO that shot those people at a Batman movie would never have killed if there was never a Batman movie?  Charge the government with policing what we should watch, read, play?  No thanks.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
Yes.  That one genius.    Not  u or me or average people.   His brain was unravling.   And yes i believe today we will loose rights because of him  .   the answer seems to be spotable in school.   How do we solve it is  the answer.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Bmel17

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »

So the 99.999% that are well adjusted should be deprived and/or punished as a result of the behaviors of the .0001%??  Blaming movie or video game content for violence is the same as blaming an inanimate object such as a knife or gun for murder. Do you really believe that genius in Aurora,CO that shot those people at a Batman movie would never have killed if there was never a Batman movie?  Charge the government with policing what we should watch, read, play?  No thanks.

This is the dumb crap kinda stuff that happens in the military.  One moron crashes a mil truck and then we have 3 new rules to prevent it.  I have been from the point when being in the military was actually a fun job to now looking like a clown at work with all the safety gear I have to wear and regs I have to adhere to.  one genius ruined it.  very sad day indeed