Author Topic: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban  (Read 31655 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
Someone sent me this on facebook so I cannot take credit for it, but it seems to fit.
People are already offering up solutions to this tragedy. There isn’t one. Evil people exist. They always will. Some people are born broken. They want to rape, hurt, kill or whatever. You can prepare for them, lookout for them, and do your best to be vigilant, but you can’t legislate them or counsel them not to be broken.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
As you know, there have been a lot of rhetoric lately, since the Sandy Hook School shootings, about more gun control laws.
I saw this in the "Public Forum" of today's Delaware State News, and couldn't not agree more. This was an anonymous comment, but hit the nail right on the head. It stated:

Look, the facts are these: It was already against the law for Adam Lanza to kill his mother, against the law to possess handguns, as he was under 21; and since he was mentally ill, it was against the law to possess any firearms, against the law to steal his mothers firearm's, against the law to take firearms into a school zone, against the law to shoot up the school, against the law to kill (murder) the children and the adults, among other things.
Every single thing he did was against the law. Did any of these laws that were already enacted stop Adam Lanza from any of these crimes? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Will yet another law, that only affects the law-abiding gun owners, make a nickels worth of difference? ABSOLUTELY NOT!  (published 12/22/2012 DSN)

As a member of the NRA, a trained firearms owner, and holder of a concealed carry permit, I ask, how many more laws, that will only infringe on the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to "bare arms" by Americans, will be made. Is this just a ploy to disarm law abiding Americans?
The current administration have said in the past, "never fail to use a emergency to get what we want". They're using this to take the 2nd Amendment Rights away from us, as has been their "aim" all along.
It doesn't matter if you have a shotgun, a rifle  or a handgun for hunting, or home and personal protection, they want to eventually take them. It is the ploy of the Progressives to slowly take what the want, just like Hitler, he only wanted a little more power, a few more countries, and more power over people. He took all weapons away from the Jews, and then killed 6 million of them, and would have kill them all, if we hadn't stopped him.
Will we have to do this again?
We send 10's of BILLIONS of your taxpayer dollars to other nations, that hate us, every year. Why can we spend the money here (estimated 5 billion)to put police in our schools to protect our children and grandchildren?
This is not a Democrat/Republican thing, it is a FREE AND SAFE AMERICAN THING!

Just my opinion, Whats'  yours?

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Kimber HD

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
My opinion (since ya asked...hehe)....

I am tired of the politicians, the media, and the NRA.  They are all extremists.  Why can we not have some common sense ?  I believe the core problem here (and not just with shootings, but the country in general) is the complete lack of any sense of personal responsibility.
If people were responsible, and held to be so - we wouldn't need any more laws than what we have now (and most that we have we wouldn't need).  Im not sure when it happened, but at some point in time this country turned itself into something that it shouldn't be.  There was some point in time where we began to place the responsibility of our actions on the government instead of ourselves...and now whenever something goes wrong we like to point the finger.  Watch the news, sit in a court room - its never 'MY' fault.

Lets start putting blame where it is due.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
The NRA wants armed security guards in schools?  As the media and the left heap scorn on the NRA and ridicule this idea you have to wonder where they got such as hair brained idea in the first place.

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.

"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

Oh, never mind.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/21/Flashback-Clinton-Cops-in-Schools

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&v=de3lmAD5kXo&sns=fb&nomobile=1

NO RIFLE WAS USED BY LANZA.      watch this, and notice half way trough, its a side charger, with a  wood stock.      "are you serious?" a Sagai.    NOT  A AR..    Somebody snopes this.
So now what, Handgun sales will skyrocket?  Is this vid a valid one?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »
That video should be sent to Fox News to be looked at. It sure is not an AR.
New Castle County

triangle172

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 01:04:24 AM »
You should all listen to me as I have an extremely high IQ and am former NJ State Police, which speaks for itself. Make it through NJSP Academy, Sea Girt....then  come speak to me. By comparison, the PA State Police Academy is a summer camp for queers.

No civilian needs nor has the right to own an assault rifle. Just get over that fact because soon you will be forced to.

Bmel17

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 02:28:40 AM »
You should all listen to me as I have an extremely high IQ and am former NJ State Police, which speaks for itself. Make it through NJSP Academy, Sea Girt....then  come speak to me. By comparison, the PA State Police Academy is a summer camp for queers.

No civilian needs nor has the right to own an assault rifle. Just get over that fact because soon you will be forced to.

please tell me your trying to be funny......

kathy1

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 03:50:58 AM »
of course he has to be kidding otherwise he'd be insulting the rest of us with his comment about his high IQ

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »
   Looking at some previous silly post, sarcasim is what i see.... 
If not, please let me know.   I am a retired enviromental control agent.

(feces stirrer for those who did not have the High IQ needed to figure that out)

Semi auto is semi auto.
Assult is Full auto.    AR's   are Assult style.
So   Since he has stated he has a HIGH IQ.  And that he left out the obvious. 
I do believe that he is  having some good ole forum fun.

Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

BobW

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »
I am dummer en a hard crab, but what will we do when dem Zombies be comin??????

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
I do wish sale of firearms in general, assault rifles or not, were more controlled. I believe a registration system with background check on ALL firearm transactions would keep firearm owners more on their toes. Bad guys will still be able to get guns, but not as easy. Some crimes maybe be easier to make someone accountable if the firearm can be traced back to original owners.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »
I do wish sale of firearms in general, assault rifles or not, were more controlled. I believe a registration system with background check on ALL firearm transactions would keep firearm owners more on their toes. Bad guys will still be able to get guns, but not as easy. Some crimes maybe be easier to make someone accountable if the firearm can be traced back to original owners.

First, to all, I apologize for not keeping this family material...

Now to comment.  You have got to be shitting me!!!  More controlled, 20,000 gun laws are not enough?  20,001 would have prevented any shootings???  Registration system, let's see, I think that was tried in Hitlers days. How that work out for the Jews?  I believe there are other documented times where registration was use and it did not work out so good.

You said yourself, trace back to original owner.  OK, if your gun was STOLEN, it traces back to YOU.  Please enlighten me, HOW will that help solve the crime????  Gee officer, yes, I did own said gun, but it was stolen 6 months ago....  Lot of help that was.

More laws (or registration) will be flappin useless!  The only people impacted by them will be you and me.  The criminal, DOES NOT CARE about any laws.  How about if we look at the PROBLEM (people, mental health, or where ever) and find answers there.  Unless while I was sleeping, my gun did NOT jump out of it's holster and shoot people.  Registration - Did not Canada try that for long guns???  HOW effective???  Ever look to see how it worked for them???

I've asked this to RedAlert on deloc, and I'll ask it to you.  During the Clinton AWB 94-04 (which Ol' Joe is proud to have been a part of), how EFFECTIVE was it???? 
Next question, Why is that AR15 in MY hands an assault weapon and in the hands of a police officer it's a PATROL RIFLE when it's the SAME flappin gun?!?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:07:32 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

kathy1

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
kudos to radnor, you are right on target...excuse the pun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

Tell me that you are just poking fun????????????????????????

New Castle County