Author Topic: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban  (Read 31879 times)

triangle172

Re: No Need For "Assault" Weapons Ban
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »

"Next question, Why is that AR15 in MY hands an assault weapon and in the hands of a police officer it's a PATROL RIFLE when it's the SAME flappin gun?!"

The fact that someone calls the same thing by different names is semantics. However, I would say that any comparison of civilian ownership of that weapon to law enforcement use is silly. A police officer is trained and paid to look for trouble. A civilian is not. Therefore a police officer has a defined, qualified need for such a weapon. A civilian does not. Please don't try and tell me otherwise...i.e. self-defense, defense of property. That can be done with a shotgun.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
I do wish sale of firearms in general, assault rifles or not, were more controlled. I believe a registration system with background check on ALL firearm transactions would keep firearm owners more on their toes. Bad guys will still be able to get guns, but not as easy. Some crimes maybe be easier to make someone accountable if the firearm can be traced back to original owners.

First, to all, I apologize for not keeping this family material...

Now to comment.  You have got to be shitting me!!!  More controlled, 20,000 gun laws are not enough?  20,001 would have prevented any shootings???  Registration system, let's see, I think that was tried in Hitlers days. How that work out for the Jews?  I believe there are other documented times where registration was use and it did not work out so good.

You said yourself, trace back to original owner.  OK, if your gun was STOLEN, it traces back to YOU.  Please enlighten me, HOW will that help solve the crime????  Gee officer, yes, I did own said gun, but it was stolen 6 months ago....  Lot of help that was.

More laws (or registration) will be flappin useless!  The only people impacted by them will be you and me.  The criminal, DOES NOT CARE about any laws.  How about if we look at the PROBLEM (people, mental health, or where ever) and find answers there.  Unless while I was sleeping, my gun did NOT jump out of it's holster and shoot people.  Registration - Did not Canada try that for long guns???  HOW effective???  Ever look to see how it worked for them???

I've asked this to RedAlert on deloc, and I'll ask it to you.  During the Clinton AWB 94-04 (which Ol' Joe is proud to have been a part of), how EFFECTIVE was it????  
Next question, Why is that AR15 in MY hands an assault weapon and in the hands of a police officer it's a PATROL RIFLE when it's the SAME flappin gun?!?

I guess you are the really smart one here on this site, very typical from a member of the other site to have these reactions and speak like they know it all.

We can come up with stolen scenarios, selling to criminals, letting someone borrow your gun....whatever... - you support your views I to support mine. Also, not sure why you are bringing banning AR15s here, did I say that on my post? Maybe you read what you wanted to read so you can come back and argue? Have a good day.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
I do wish sale of firearms in general, assault rifles or not, were more controlled. I believe a registration system with background check on ALL firearm transactions would keep firearm owners more on their toes. Bad guys will still be able to get guns, but not as easy. Some crimes maybe be easier to make someone accountable if the firearm can be traced back to original owners.

Now to comment.  You have got to be shitting me!!!  More controlled, 20,000 gun laws are not enough?  20,001 would have prevented any shootings???  Registration system, let's see, I think that was tried in Hitlers days. How that work out for the Jews?  I believe there are other documented times where registration was use and it did not work out so good.

You said yourself, trace back to original owner.  OK, if your gun was STOLEN, it traces back to YOU.  Please enlighten me, HOW will that help solve the crime????  Gee officer, yes, I did own said gun, but it was stolen 6 months ago....  Lot of help that was.

More laws (or registration) will be flappin useless!  The only people impacted by them will be you and me.  The criminal, DOES NOT CARE about any laws.  How about if we look at the PROBLEM (people, mental health, or where ever) and find answers there.  Unless while I was sleeping, my gun did NOT jump out of it's holster and shoot people.  Registration - Did not Canada try that for long guns???  HOW effective???  Ever look to see how it worked for them???

I've asked this to RedAlert on deloc, and I'll ask it to you.  During the Clinton AWB 94-04 (which Ol' Joe is proud to have been a part of), how EFFECTIVE was it????  
Next question, Why is that AR15 in MY hands an assault weapon and in the hands of a police officer it's a PATROL RIFLE when it's the SAME flappin gun?!?

I guess you are the really smart one here on this site, very typical from a member of the other site to have these reactions and speak like they know it all.

We can come up with stolen scenarios, selling to criminals, letting someone borrow your gun....whatever... - you support your views I to support mine. Also, not sure why you are bringing banning AR15s here, did I say that on my post? Maybe you read what you wanted to read so you can come back and argue? Have a good day.

The RED quotes above ARE from your keyboard, DEFINE assault rifle please.  I could have been wrong, but I ASSUMED you were referring to the AR.  Then I have a misunderstanding of your quote "more controlled", please explain.

Will ask a direct question, for the 10 years the AWB 94-04 was in effect did it STOP the sale of NEW AR(s)?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:34:57 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 05:48:01 PM »

"Next question, Why is that AR15 in MY hands an assault weapon and in the hands of a police officer it's a PATROL RIFLE when it's the SAME flappin gun?!"

The fact that someone calls the same thing by different names is semantics. However, I would say that any comparison of civilian ownership of that weapon to law enforcement use is silly. A police officer is trained and paid to look for trouble. A civilian is not. Therefore a police officer has a defined, qualified need for such a weapon. A civilian does not. Please don't try and tell me otherwise...i.e. self-defense, defense of property. That can be done with a shotgun.

So civilian ownership of AR(s) gets your panties in a bunch?  WHY?!?  If it is used for LAWFUL purposes, who cares what you have.  I dont. Neither should the Government.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
From what you quoted - "[...] assault rifle or not[...]", meaning whatever you (anti or pro guns) consider it to be, the definition of it is irrelevant to the point I made.

Answering your question, I don't think the ban did anything hence the reason you don't see me saying anything supporting a ban, on the contrary, you can see other posts where I either suggested or congratulated someone on AR15 purchases.

The RED quotes above ARE from your keyboard, DEFINE assault rifle please.  I could have been wrong, but I ASSUMED you were referring to the AR.  Then I have a misunderstanding of your quote "more controlled", please explain.

Will ask a direct question, for the 10 years the AWB 94-04 was in effect did it STOP the sale of NEW AR(s)?

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Although I don't agree with it, I do respect your position. The part I disagree most is where you say police are trained and civilians are not. Many civilians, not the vast majority I agree, are trained better than LEO. Perhaps the system could require more training before giving permission to someone to carry a firearm. I also disagree with the need or not to own these guns. If I want to own one I should be able as long as I pass the background check, and perhaps demonstrate some form of training?!?! Not sure.

[...] I would say that any comparison of civilian ownership of that weapon to law enforcement use is silly. A police officer is trained and paid to look for trouble. A civilian is not. Therefore a police officer has a defined, qualified need for such a weapon. A civilian does not. Please don't try and tell me otherwise...i.e. self-defense, defense of property. That can be done with a shotgun.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:16:54 PM by Condition 1 »

triangle172

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
Although I don't agree with it, I do respect your position. The part I disagree most is where you say police are trained and civilians are not. Many civilians, not the vast majority I agree, are trained better than LEO. Perhaps the system could require more training before giving permission to someone to carry a firearm. I also disagree with the need or not to own these guns. If I want to own one I should be able as long as I pass the background check, and perhaps demonstrate proficiency?!?! Not sure.

You read and interpreted what I stated incorrectly. I never mentioned specific training for  a weapon such as an AR15, however, it is irrelevant should you think you have more extensive knowledge of a weapon then any given cop. A police officer...by law must have very specific training that is documented and must meet minimal requirements of handling,accuracy,nomenclature, safety for each and every weapon that she/he carry or are issued. Stop comparing civilian concealed carry and weapon proficiency to law enforcement ...it's brilliant.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
You should all listen to me as I have an extremely high IQ and am former NJ State Police, which speaks for itself. Make it through NJSP Academy, Sea Girt....then  come speak to me. By comparison, the PA State Police Academy is a summer camp for queers.

No civilian needs nor has the right to own an assault rifle. Just get over that fact because soon you will be forced to.

Well you can't be all that smart because if you scored a little higher on the civil service exam you would have been a firefighter. But since you not, well what's that say about you?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:41:17 PM by Sigarms12 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »

21 years in the Army (Military Police) I think I know how to use and handle an AR15. I will not be arbitrarily denied of what I need to defend myself and my family because someone else is intimidated by the aesthetics of an "assault weapon."   Stuff can go downhill real fast.  

Remember this?

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-05-02/news/mn-1281_1_police-car
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:29:44 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
Lets make this a short response.
     The end product of trolling, is to upset.   Now.
  Since, most if not all of the mods on here own a Semi auto rifle. percentages of daily contributors own one.
It becomes a majority. 
    Now, when you come on here and say, we are all idoits, and you should listen to you. Nobody should own these,  You are pissing in the wheaties of the gods.   
That would be penalty one.   Now, to keep rambling you point, is just more salt on that wound.  If you were that intelligent, you would know this .   So let me point it out to you.
   Now, if you still want a challenge to redem yourself, stop up tomorrow, I am cutting metric threads on my Green mountain 45 acp barrel  To fit it onto my AK. , I will be head spacing.  This is not a Valley girl saying.  Next is measuring the weigh of a Marlin comp carbine (45 acp) bolt, so that when i remove the gas system, to make my ak a blow back system,  I have to have matching numbers , so I can use redally availible springs  from the marlin, to ease my pain of build.   Now, I also shortened the Mag area of the Perfectly good  milled reciever, so the bullet can use the factory stop to kick it out. , Now, since I am welding the bolt to the carrier,  getting rid of the gas tube, piston, and barrel (green mountain is usa)  also removing front sites. Muzzle brake will be made on my Bridgeport , Sides will angle up 20 degrees both back and up at the same time. This will act as both a brake and a muzzle rise stopper.  No brake directly at 12   or lower ones., only sides.  Now, all this because  I did not find a Kriss V at Oaks.   

Now, for your Defense on your IQ
HOW MANY MORE COMPLIANT PARTS DO I NEED?   When you answere this, people here will know you are
 (add favorite adj here)  Brilliant!
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

triangle172

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »
You should all listen to me as I have an extremely high IQ and am former NJ State Police, which speaks for itself. Make it through NJSP Academy, Sea Girt....then  come speak to me. By comparison, the PA State Police Academy is a summer camp for queers.

No civilian needs nor has the right to own an assault rifle. Just get over that fact because soon you will be forced to.

Well you can't be all that smart because if you scored a little higher on the civil service exam you would have been a firefighter. But since you not, well what's that say about you?
  :

Firefighter?? They sleep until they are hungry and then eat until they are tired. :-*

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »

:

Firefighter?? They sleep until they are hungry and then eat until they are tired. :-*

This coming from a guy who makes a donut shop his second home. ;D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

triangle172

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »
Lets make this a short response.
     The end product of trolling, is to upset.   Now.
  Since, most if not all of the mods on here own a Semi auto rifle. percentages of daily contributors own one.
It becomes a majority. 
    Now, when you come on here and say, we are all idoits, and you should listen to you. Nobody should own these,  You are pissing in the wheaties of the gods.   
That would be penalty one.   Now, to keep rambling you point, is just more salt on that wound.  If you were that intelligent, you would know this .   So let me point it out to you.
   Now, if you still want a challenge to redem yourself, stop up tomorrow, I am cutting metric threads on my Green mountain 45 acp barrel  To fit it onto my AK. , I will be head spacing.  This is not a Valley girl saying.  Next is measuring the weigh of a Marlin comp carbine (45 acp) bolt, so that when i remove the gas system, to make my ak a blow back system,  I have to have matching numbers , so I can use redally availible springs  from the marlin, to ease my pain of build.   Now, I also shortened the Mag area of the Perfectly good  milled reciever, so the bullet can use the factory stop to kick it out. , Now, since I am welding the bolt to the carrier,  getting rid of the gas tube, piston, and barrel (green mountain is usa)  also removing front sites. Muzzle brake will be made on my Bridgeport , Sides will angle up 20 degrees both back and up at the same time. This will act as both a brake and a muzzle rise stopper.  No brake directly at 12   or lower ones., only sides.  Now, all this because  I did not find a Kriss V at Oaks.   

Now, for your Defense on your IQ
HOW MANY MORE COMPLIANT PARTS DO I NEED?   When you answere this, people here will know you are
 (add favorite adj here)  Brilliant!

Your post here is very important...to you. Have fun with all that.

Bmel17

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »

So you don't feel safe selling your firearm to a friend or a relative without a background check? Because if YOU don't, you can always have one done by an FFL.

I still fail to see how a registration system or a background check will prevent a criminal from stealing weapons or acquiring them illegally through straw purchases.

I still can't get why "shall not be infringed" means infringe to people.  Add all the gun control you want, it won't stop murders or violence.  Look at England.  Their gun ban has been in effect since 1997 and there is still violence, murders, and gun crime.  Once the 2a is gone, the other rights come falling down even easier.

Bmel17

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »
You read and interpreted what I stated incorrectly. I never mentioned specific training for  a weapon such as an AR15, however, it is irrelevant should you think you have more extensive knowledge of a weapon then any given cop. A police officer...by law must have very specific training that is documented and must meet minimal requirements of handling,accuracy,nomenclature, safety for each and every weapon that she/he carry or are issued. Stop comparing civilian concealed carry and weapon proficiency to law enforcement ...it's brilliant.