Author Topic: New Guy here - Buzzard's the name...  (Read 2688 times)

Buzzard

• A Man's gotta know his limitations...
New Guy here - Buzzard's the name...
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
Good Morning - New Guy here...  Already making some contacts, and finding friendly help and interaction...  57 year old "Buzzard" - native of Delaware (have jumped the line a few times, but keep coming back...)  grew up hunting - mostly small game and deer, but been out west for mule deer & elk a few times...  so, hunting was my introduction to shooting (carrying a .410 in Leipsic marsh duck hunting with Dad at 9 years old)...  a product of Scouting - Eagle Scout at age 15, County Police Explorer Post after that...  U of D - Engineer - spent most of career in heavy industry, including Nuclear Power Plants...  transitioned from a "yearly" to Life Member of NRA, chaired a few Friend of NRA fundraising committees, and began teaching Hunter Education for DE Fish & Wildlife back in the late 80's...  began stacking up NRA Instructor credentials, and went full-time with DE F&W as Asst Rangemaster at Ommelanden...  served on the DSSA Board of Directors for a spell...  transitioned back to volunteer, after returning to engineering as req'd to put daughters through college...  been instructing shooting for Becoming an Outdoor Woman since it started in Delaware...  got side-tracked by interest in motorcycles for a while - But, I'm back...  pursuing DE CCDW, and ready to dig in again...  looking to pull together a team for Friends of NRA up here in the Wilmington/Newark area (again) - I've been in touch with local NRA Rep...  Politics being what they are - more important than ever that We pull together...  look forward to hearing from others on here, for sure... 
“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”  Ralph Waldo Emerson

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: New Guy here - Buzzard's the name...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
Welcome Buzzard,
Hope you find all your looking for here. I too am a NRA member and DECCW holder. If you have questions just ask, or refer to the vast amount of info found here.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Nice to meet you...Great BIO...lots of good people here and very interesting conversations.
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
Welcome Buzzard!  This may be the most interesting forum I have seen yet.  I’ve come to expect considerate members and great advice.  And there is a great sense of humor!
Proud resident of Kent County DE