Author Topic: England still has guns.  (Read 5745 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
England still has guns.
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:30:57 AM »
Suspected armed robber arrested by DPG officers

23 December 2012

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's Diplomatic Protection Group (DPG) worked with borough Police Community Support Officers in Southwark to track and detain a man after an armed robbery at a bank in Borough.

Police were called to reports of a robbery at the HSBC bank on Borough High Street at 09:25hrs on Monday, 17 December.

A man went into the branch where he was greeted at the front door by a member of staff. He produced a small black handgun from his jacket and pointed it at members of staff who were greeting customers at the door.

The man then approached the cash windows and declared the customers inside the bank as his hostages. He passed the cashier a transparent orange cash bag to fill with money which he then asked to be put inside his rucksack.

As he walked away, he reached inside his pocket and pulled out a handful of paper stamped with a 'Mickey Mouse' logo which he threw into the air and shouted "Merry Christmas" before leaving.

PCSOs from the borough's Safer Transport Team were in the area and reported seeing a man fitting the description circulated on police channels. This helped to direct the search by the DPG officers on armed vehicle response patrol responding to the incident.

The DPG officers detained a man at 09:42hrs at a nearby café. Cash and a firearm were recovered. The 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of robbery and taken to Peckham Police Station. He has since been bailed to return pending further enquires.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: England still has guns.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 03:32:34 PM »
Proving once again that when guns are criminalized, only the criminals will have guns.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Years ago, I saw a video piece about how often regular British folks still have guns tucked away.  They're hidden behind removable bricks and the like (they literally showed these kind of places).  Granted, they're not brand new, and they're not sitting out in the open, but the thought is that they're available for "the big one" if and when the time comes.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
Here's another gun control story you may have forgotten. The Nazi's took all weapons away from the Jews. We all should know how that worked out, as over 6MILLION Jews (God's Chosen) were slaughtered by Hitler's Nazi Government. Can't happen here? I wouldn't bet my life on it.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
http://content.met.police.uk/News/Five-found-guilty-of-firearms-and-drugs-offences/1400014523512/1257246745756

Five men have been found guilty at Woolwich Crown Court, having stood trial for firearms and drug trafficking offences. Following an intelligence-led investigation by the Met's Trident Gang Crime Command.

Lemar Ricardo Loveless, aged 26, [14.07.86] of Brydon Walk, N1 was convicted of 1 count of conspiracy to import firearms and 1 count of conspiracy to import Class A drugs, cocaine.

still cant keep their boarders safe
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »
Twisted,
Proving once again where owning guns is made criminal, criminals will still be the only ones with guns.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative