Author Topic: PA CCW (Lancaster) NO MORE 1 DAY TURN AROUND!  (Read 7206 times)

Thlax

PA CCW (Lancaster) NO MORE 1 DAY TURN AROUND!
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »
I just went to Lancaster today expecting to submit and walk out with my out of state PA CCW permit, but was only able to submit my forms. The Sheriff's office said due to the huge demand in the past month, they have reverted back to their old policy for the time being and will no longer be doing same day processing.

I will be notified by a post card about when to come back so they may take my picture and print my permit.

Ugh.......

Update

Just got this in....

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:33:45 AM by Thlax »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: PA CCW (Lancaster) NO MORE 1 DAY TURN AROUND!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
   wounder how the renual will do?    Will a two trip be the only way?  OR a postcard ahead of time about your renual?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Thlax

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
No clue. I had a brain lapse after I left their office so I called back to clarify. I asked politely, why couldn't they just send me my license when ready (like DE did) rather than a "hello come get me + 2hr drive awaits you" postcard, only to be gently reminded they needed to take my picture AT the office and then print my card. I forgot that we submitted pictures when we turned in our applications for DE. Too late now, but I wonder if any other counties in PA would be easier if it was similar to a DE style where you may send in a picture/app so you dont have to waste the drive.....oh well. The wheel is already in motion at least.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:03:34 PM by Thlax »

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Sorry to lead you astray.... that has changed since three of us went on 12/13..
Looks like everything may start to change!!!!!!!!!!
New Castle County

SweetPete

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »
That sucks! I just got mine on Dec 12th with no problems. There was one older gentleman who helped me and about 8 women sitting at thier desks. If one or two more people would help at the counter, there wouldn't be a wait. Even with just one person working, they should still keep the normal routine. If the line is too long to wait, just come back later. F having to come back. That's what you have to do at the DMV. I'm pretty happy I don't have to make that crappy drive back up there anytime soon. Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

Thlax

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
Update: Got my post card in. See original post now.

Thlax

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
Finally found some time to do this....it's a pain when their work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F when I work during normal business hours too....I can post the same argument about the DMV hours. Anyways. Should be headed up around 1:30 today finally.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
Well, I think I found out why....
http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/820650_Sheriff-aims-to-hold-classes-for-owners-of-gun-permits.html
Click on the photo top left to enlarge it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »
http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/820650_Sheriff-aims-to-hold-classes-for-owners-of-gun-permits.html

I think it's a good idea.  I've seen a lot of people applying for permits who have no idea what gun they just purchased let alone how to use it safely.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Thlax

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:53 AM »

I think it's a good idea.  I've seen a lot of people applying for permits who have no idea what gun they just purchased let alone how to use it safely.

I have never had a problem, more so a proponent, of having to take a gun safety + CCW class to receive your CCW.

anjdrifter

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »
It is a good idea.. for new owners... been to a few gun shows recently as well as shops and it is scary watching some buyers handling firearms and not know anything about them or to use em or when and etc..
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Branman

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 06:31:06 PM »
considering the wait is now pretty long, is there any other PA place we can go that is closer?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
Media courthouse.
New Castle County

Beretta92

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »
I took my application to the Media court house two week ago. They said that it would be 45 to 50 working days, then I would receive a letter that it was approved and then I have to drive back up to pick it up.