Author Topic: Broke down and got AR --at MSRP!  (Read 4376 times)

Thlax

Broke down and got AR --at MSRP!
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:15 AM »
I was planning on getting an AR last year but did not have the funds. Now with the funds, the world gets thrown upside down with this crazy AR run thats going on. I was originally looking to get a Daniel Defense M4V3/5/7 but everywhere is sold out, obviously. Most places just laughed when I asked. However, DD was just quoted as saying they have supplies and will take select orders and honor MSRP. What a great company.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/28/daniel-defense-isnt-flinching-and-they-arent-raising-prices/

They have a custom AR builder on their site that is only unlocked when they are accepting orders. Therefore if you try to go to the AR builder and they are not taking orders, it will say so and it will be locked. However if it is unlocked, they will take your order and ship 10-14 days. It says they will take orders at midnight tomorrow for a short period of time but I have been checking throughout the day and just found it unlocked, built my AR, then ordered. I just paid MSRP!!

Woohoo.

Cant wait :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:25:33 AM by Thlax »

JOET

• Life Member
Re: Broke down and got AR --at MSRP!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »
Looks good.. you should be happy with it...went to web site, it was locked out.
New Castle County

Thlax

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »
Yeah I was refreshing all the time throughout the day. I am checking again at midnight just to be curious.

This was my what my invoice parts list looked like of what i chose:

-SEMI-AUTO DDM4 COMPLETE LOWER RECEIVER GROUP (WITH GEISSELE SSA)
-A4 UPPER RECEIVER, ASSEMBLY
-16" 5.56MM MID-LENGTH CHF BARREL - W/LPGB
-DANIEL DEFENSE SUPERIOR SUPPRESSION DEVICE ASSY, 1/2-28 (.223 /5.56MM)
-COMPLETE BOLT CARRIER GROUP (5.56MM)
-OMEGA X RAIL 12.0
-FIXED FRONT/REAR SIGHT COMBO

Bmel17

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »
Nice! gotta love it when they aren't price gouging!

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 02:40:33 AM »
Congratulations on your rifle, excellent choice. If you have been shooting ARs with the standard milspec trigger, you will absolutely love the Geissele SSA, it is one of the best upgrades IMO.

Thlax

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
This is my first :) Guess I will be spoiled! DD website is up to take orders from their custom builder as of this post in the early AM. No clue how long it will last. It has been up for a couple hours though. After I placed my order earlier today, within 10minutes the site was back down and not taking orders. All stock models are still marked as sold out/call for availability. I basically built a DDM4V5 though.

DD said they have enough in supply chain for their distributors and custom orders currently. It sounds like they keep separate reserve piles for the groups, as distributors laugh when you ask if they can get you a DD where as you can still custom build a DD every now-and-then online. Interesting.

All in all though, I have read nothing but great things about the company, service, and product. Very excited.

Plans are:
1)Lots of ammo/practice
2)pmags
3)Magpul B.A.D
4)Sling
5) forward angle grip
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:58:16 AM by Thlax »