General Gun Discussion > Ammunition and Re-Loading

Cost to start w/ a Dillion?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kimber HD:
Ya - excellent post.  I am thinking about doing the same.  I've spent hours on the 'net researching...When I got more info out of your post in 5mins - THANKS !

anjdrifter:
Besides the long term   investment. it is really enjoyable   I went with Lyman single stage ,they have a complete kit to get you started Got mine from Grafs .. I started with the dies I used the most and they just kept adding.. I also do a lot of really odd ball reloading for antique loads.. I really save a ton of money that plus untold satisfacture... once you get into it you might consider casting your own leaf bullets  it is not expensive at all..

TwistedKarma:

Now, only to sell all my guns to pay for the reloader....... hmm...

Adrenolin:
I've been thinking of the Lee 4 station turret press. I like the idea of being able to use it as a single stage press for more important rounds but with the ability to crank out other ammo like 9mm and 45acp. Mostly I need to start reloading for .454 Casull due it's retail price. I also shoot .223, 357, 38spl, .45lc and have my eye on a used .44mag from a neighbor whose thinking of selling. I've been saving and collecting brass for about 2 years and have a ton of once fired casings to get me started.

Don't have much yet but have started buying things i see on sale. Bought a tumbler on sale w/free shipping and found a Lee 4-die set for .454 on sale w/free shipping as well. Picked up 3 digital calipers on sale at Princess Auto on a trip up in Canada. Drilled out some Mahogany boards for stacking plates.

I have also looked at the Lee single hand loader to at least get started. I'll be able to go through and de-prime the few 1000 casings I have and practice reloading 38spl to start.

Some great info in this thread! Thanks

Obleo:
The addition of reloading equipment to your investments is a “capitol improvement”.  The best case scenario is that, with prudent use, the equipment can provide a “payback” at some calculated point in its useful life (As Radnor kindly pointed out).  This payback scenario is a good planning tool for when the playing field is even.

Today, the playing field slants against the investor.  A capitol improvement is now a necessity to simply keep up with supply problems. And it may get worse.  We may have to forego the payback and feel lucky to have some goods rather than none.

Asset realignment / readjustment to close the delta.  I think that’s where we are right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version