Author Topic: Do everyone use a hip holster  (Read 9759 times)

Blaserman

Do everyone use a hip holster
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »
 Just wanted find out what most people use.  Any use a shoulder holster????

Bmel17

Re: Do everyone use a hip holster
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »
I have 4 different types of holsters to CC.  IWB hip, ankle, a shoulder holster(least used), and a sneaky pete (PDA leather type).

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
I use a shoulder holster in the winter offen

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
OWB, IWB, pocket, shoulder
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Bmel17

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
OWB, IWB, pocket, shoulder

I forgot about my pocket holster!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
I use and IWB about 90% of the time. I have a OC holster it wear 10% of the time, mainly around my home property when i work in the yard.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »
I’m in the process of acquiring the “box of holsters” that my instructor said I would eventually end up with.  But for now I use a shoulder rig (which have complained about on this forum) when I carry a larger frame and also use 3 different belt holsters.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

jopy2020

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:21 AM »
I prefer to use leather holsters for my concealed carry. I use a Galco Summertime IWB holster for my G19, and in the winter months I use a Galco MOB belt holster. I have not gotten a ccw holster for my SIG 1911 yet, but I am in the process of trying to find one if anyone has any suggestions.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
I use a IWB Pro-Carry Deep Comfort by The Gun Store  for my 9 MM most of the time but sometimes use a OWB when open carrying working around the house. I carry 24/7. I am trying not to become a holster collector. I spent a good deal of time before I bought my holsters and intend to use them as long as possible.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:23:18 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Gorski

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »
use a pocket for the 380 backup and always have it on my hip
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 11:05:21 PM »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SteveMiller

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
I prefer to use leather holsters for my concealed carry. I use a Galco Summertime IWB holster for my G19, and in the winter months I use a Galco MOB belt holster. I have not gotten a ccw holster for my SIG 1911 yet, but I am in the process of trying to find one if anyone has any suggestions.

Which sig 1911?  I have an order in for a high noon holster for my sig 1911 ultra
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Capnball

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »
Like everyone else here I've acquired more than a dozen holsters in various styles, carry positions and material. I can tell you what I like and don't like thus far, but absolutely everyone is going to be different. I don't know a single person that agrees when in comes to the "how-to" part of carrying concealed. I like shoulder rigs in the late fall and winter when a jacket is the appropriate attire. I also have a "chest -band" type or what my wife joking calls a "the man's gun bra" but only in cool weather because you have to wear a t-shirt under it with another shirt to cover. I like the fully enclosed pouch type with a snap, made to be worn on the belt for warm weather carry.  These will only handle small semi-autos or J-frame type revolvers but they do conceal well and most people don't pay much attention to them as they look like a case for one of the larger smart-phones. I also use a Bianchi #1 for the J-frame in the summer with a un-tucked shirt. Keep in mind that I'm a left handed shooter so my choices are much more limited than 90% of other shooters. I don't really care for pocket holsters, never found one comfortable. I really don't like IWB holsters, for me they are the least comfortable thing that I've tried. So, the best advice I can give anyone is this.... Understand that you are going to buy holsters of different types and carry locations and and quite a few of them you are going find that they simply will not work for you no matter what the advertising says. You will end up as your instructor mentioned with a box full of leather, nylon and kydex and out of that box 2 maybe 3 will be the ones that you settle on as "good enough' but virtually none will be perfect.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »
Capnball, thanks for your comments. I am still looking for the "perfect" holster and may never find it.
So I guess I will keep looking until I find one that is very close. I am OK with what I have now but I know I will find a better fit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

loumem

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
I'm just starting my collection as well! I wanted to get a Cross Bread and will still likely get one but I didn't want to wait. They are just shipping orders from May. So, the gentlemen at the local Lawmens recommended Galco. So I've ordered an Ankle Glove and a Skyops since I where suits but don't always keep my jacket on at work. We'll see how that works out.