Author Topic: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally  (Read 25568 times)

JOET

• Life Member
Re: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
I sat in the very back row as you come in the door. After that it was "standing room only". It was a Great Day...
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
You got a good seat OldGray. We got there at 1:00 (11:30-1:00 social, 1-3 talks), and had to shove it from outside. Was standing against the back wall, just inside the door. I only lasted about an hour, as the room was stuffy and my feet were hurting. A women told us it was SRO since 11:35. I enjoyed the fellow who drove down from NY, and told stories of what is coming if we don't all act.
There was well over 1,000 people there. No news vans of course. I'd post the one photo I took if I knew how.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:27 PM »
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »
I got out of church in Harrington at 12:22 Pm and headed for Dover and by the time I got there and found a place to park (in a shopping center up the street) the closest i got was in the entrance hallway. Here is what I heard. They had seating for just over 600, but were expecting possible 800 to show. The best guess I heard was 2000 people showed up. I talked to a guy tha goes to a lot of events there, and he said they had never had one that big before. I talked to one guy that drove down from Pa. and he was next to me in the hallway too. I had made the comment that I was hoping there would be standing room only, packed. That I would be glad to stand to get people there. Well, it happened.
Gongratulations to the DSSA and the 912 Delaware Patriots for their organizing the super successful event.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »
So Lumspond, I am in you picture.... left hand bottom cornor the guy in the white shirt standing...I am sitting, the back of my head (grey hair) is right on his right shoulder. So now you know who I am..hahaha!!
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »
I see you Joe. Black t-shirt. How cool is that!
Glad to meet you, sort of.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
Lumspond.. I was at that exact same place.. only at the other back corner.

Was talking with one of the organizers afterwards and was told that they gave up counting at about 1500. She thought they had 1000 bags they passed out and had a count of 500 after that and lost count. Figured 400 to 500 people came in after that. So 1900 to 2000 people roughly is what they think were in attendance from the people working the door.

I had a kid pass out at my feet who I helped a bit with his father and a Dover officer. Heat or something but he came to fairly quickly and they all went outside.
Got to talk to David Keene for a few minutes and thanked him for their hard work.

First time I have attended a rally or any type and found it went along very well.

CMF

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »
I made it inside by 1:15 after trying every entrance. Then I became one of those annoying people who moved forward by excusing myself and was able to comfortably view the entire program. The wife was so glad to be there and listen to the speakers. All were spot on and I felt John Atkins (Democrat) summed it up as the closing speaker. We are ALL AMERICANS and the Constitution is for every party, every person. Great comment on Piers Morgan John! A very eclectic group of spectators who represented a slice of America, glad we made the rally. Where is the next!
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
lumspond, Yep that is me...too bad that I didnt know who you were. I live near Port Penn, you probally live up this way too.

If you what to go to a range and shoot some day, let me know..Wife and I go once a week or so..
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »
JoeT, I live just west of St. George's. I usually shoot at Ommelanden, but only in nice weather as my hands get super cold. I'll look you up as spring comes. Right around the corner.
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
Lumspond, can shoot indoors, have membership at shooters choice. If you want to go..PM me..anytime.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
As far as the next one CMF, DSSA is having their annual meeting next Sunday the 27th.
- Displays from club members
- Presentation on DE concealed carry laws
- NRA past president John Sigler will speak
- You will have the opportunity to meet with NRA-ILA lobbyist assigned to DE

FOP lodge
Kitts Hummock rd
Dover
Doors open at 1, business meeting at 3.
New Castle County

mominde

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »
I'm curious on how many people were carrying (nrn).  All those guns and not one person shot.  Hmm?  I guess guns really are NOT the problem.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »
+1
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
+2