Author Topic: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally  (Read 25541 times)

JOET

• Life Member
Re: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
My friend and I are in the front row, shown in this News Journal photo. I'm in the dark red shirt, with gray hair & glasses:
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
How about that..now we know who you are...Where did the " Old Grey Geek " thing come from?? HAHAHA!!! good to see you..
New Castle County

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
Got there at noon, no seats left.  Went to the back room but no sound, so stood for the duration.  Interesting to see the News Journal gave it a fair article, not there style usually.  They did omit the Bidens comment, "..... I did not say that...".

It was a worthwile trip.  I found that I am not alone in my anger and frustration with the libs.  I had stopped writing to our Washington gang because they either did not reply or the reply had nothing to do with my topic.  I need to get off my butt!!  Time to burn up some paper again.  And I need to get on the locals, since we are now also in a local fight.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:07 PM »
I was there.  GREAT event.  Glad to see so many turn out.

+1 on the gun @ the event.

Like they said, let's contact our elected officials regularly.

Was going to do my good deed for the day.  There was a really old timer
walking after the event. I asked him if he was OK.  Said he was, just tired
and occasionally dizzy.  I was going to get the gent to sit down and get my
car (in the development) and give him a ride to his.  But someone offered
to drive him.  So I helped the old timer into the truck and off he went.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
Just curious why so much Dover PD presence, unless they were there to listen???  Did they expect us to shoot up the place???  There was one guy carrying a backpack that made me nervous(did not look middle eastern), but no one with a gun would have bothered me.

If you looked around the room, it looked like a cross section of the country, without the kooks.  Middle America, like a Tea Party gathering.  VERY unlike an Omaba gathering with union thugs, etc.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

kimmie

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
+1   

I think I saw myself in the flickr link (well the back of my head).  LOL Hubby and I both had our Lady Liberty shirts on - she's in green holding her AR-15.  We sat towards the back, maybe 5 rows or so from the back and 5 from the back.  Hubby was giving me updates as I was driving to get there and said they opened the doors earlier than they planned.  We managed to find a couple of seats. 

It was an AWESOME turnout!

Had planned on going next Sunday but not sure as we're having a family thing. 
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
Old Gray, look at your picture, right in front of your face you can see a tan baseball cap with a green bill, that is me. As far as the Dover PD presence, they were there to support the event and because there were rumors of protestors trying to disrupt the show. I saw no protestors, not even one sign, inside or outside No one tried to disrupt any speaker, there was only much repeated applause.
  I urge ev eryone on this forum To contact your state senator and representative, do not let Markell, Biden and Marshall turn Delaware into New York.

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl...cation_of_guns

Fishhunter911

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »
So Lumspond, I am in you picture.... left hand bottom cornor the guy in the white shirt standing...I am sitting, the back of my head (grey hair) is right on his right shoulder. So now you know who I am..hahaha!!

I am in the maroon shirt just to the left of your head!!

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Bmel17

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »
Just curious why so much Dover PD presence, unless they were there to listen???  Did they expect us to shoot up the place???  There was one guy carrying a backpack that made me nervous(did not look middle eastern), but no one with a gun would have bothered me.

If you looked around the room, it looked like a cross section of the country, without the kooks.  Middle America, like a Tea Party gathering.  VERY unlike an Omaba gathering with union thugs, etc.

If you remember the NRA press conference the following week after Sandy Hook, there were a lot of antis jumping up and disrupting it screaming NRA is the root of evil" and other various garbage.  Dover PD was there for that and also as Frank stated to control possible protesters.  I will say the police were very nice and courteous. 

CMF

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
WBOC found it necessary to troll the Sheeple for an opposition opinion: "Melissa Carey is a Dover resident who said she stands behind the President and his quest to ban those types of weapons."

Hundreds in attendance? BS! Same counter must have been at Glenn Beck's Rally on the Mall.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »
I will say the police were very nice and courteous. 
Absolutely!!!  I was walking to my car talking to one.  Nothing but PROFESSIONALISM.
Upon leaving him, I wished him a safe shift.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52:09 PM »
FishHunter911...now I know what the back of your head looks like.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
JoeT, thanks for the link to the videotaping. I was going to search for it as I missed the end of the program. It's all there.
New Castle County