Author Topic: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally  (Read 25486 times)

JOET

• Life Member
Re: 2nd Amendment Rights Rally
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »
okay lumspond... you want to shoot some day PM me have membership at shooters choice..we go once a week or so..

New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
I will do that. Thanks for the invite Joe.
Cheers.
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
lumspond: anytime
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 02:10:35 AM »
As far as the Dover PD presence, they were there to support the event and because there were rumors of protestors trying to disrupt the show. I saw no protestors, not even one sign, inside or outside No one tried to disrupt any speaker, there was only much repeated applause.
There was a retired Delaware State Police officer in very well-disguised plainclothes (short blue dress) sitting near us up front, providing undercover security. We were talking, and the subject of the "NO WEAPONS" sign came up. I told her,
"Yes, I saw the sign. I know it doesn't have force of law, so I'm not committing a crime, but I will leave peacefully if you ask me to."

She didn't.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
As far as the Dover PD presence, they were there to support the event and because there were rumors of protestors trying to disrupt the show. I saw no protestors, not even one sign, inside or outside No one tried to disrupt any speaker, there was only much repeated applause.
There was a retired Delaware State Police officer in very well-disguised plainclothes (short blue dress) sitting near us up front, providing undercover security. We were talking, and the subject of the "NO WEAPONS" sign came up. I told her,
"Yes, I saw the sign. I know it doesn't have force of law, so I'm not committing a crime, but I will leave peacefully if you ask me to."

She didn't.

Outstanding oldgreygeek!

kimmie

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:31 AM »
Sad, sad, sad reporting:

http://www.wboc.com/story/20635770/2nd-amendment-rally-in-dover

Same counter of course ...same one they use for A LOT of these where they don't want J.Q.Public to know the TRUTH.  How many years I did Rolling Thunder in DC (Memorial Day weekend) and they ALWAYS under counted! 

Back to WBOC and their scouring to find (only 1 person out of what, 1500) that is against it:

Outside of the rally, everyone was not on the same page. Melissa Carey is a Dover resident who said she stands behind the President and his quest to ban those types of weapons.

"There is no reason for people to have these assault weapons in their home unless they're going to be doing negative things with them," said Carey.

Yes  that negative thing I am going to do in MY HOUSE is because of a CRIMINAL coming INTO my house uninvited planning on doing NEGATIVE THINGS to me and my family.  And if you think for ONE MINUTE that I could persuade that criminal to sit down and have some coffee - well you're beyond naive!
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.