Author Topic: Firststate Firearms  (Read 5149 times)

Blaserman

Firststate Firearms
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »
  Just finish the classroom part of the course thought it was excellent.
 Taking the shooting later this week , not fault of their own Omelander range was screwed up so we would have spent 4 or 5 hours getting everyone finished.

JOET

• Life Member
Re: Firststate Firearms
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »
How was it screwed up?? The last time I was there, they were having trouble with their new target retrevial sys.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 01:36:13 AM »
I was there once back in the fall of 2011. Haven't been back since mainly because it was a cold range more so then hot. Wound up behind the line more then shooting. I've heard many updates have been made since but many updates don't work as they should. Hopefully they get it all sorted out soon.

Glad you found the class excellent! The wife and I are both taking the class next week and can't wait. Hope the range is at least working by then.

Blaserman

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
  yep targets were screwed up only 2 working. 14 people would have taken along time. Would not let us do it manually
at 5 yrds.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
I kinda thought that, I have heard some others, that have complained about that too.

When it was first installed, (July or August) it was great. You would think that they being closed on Mon, Tues, Thurs that they would have plenty of time to have them repaired.
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:34:05 PM »
Yeah, the lane I was on after class was not the best.  Lane 10.  Two to my left were down...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JKRight

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »
Brand new here and first post, but I have lurked for a bit.  It was because of positive reviews on this site, that I recommended the Johnson's to a friend for a class this past Sunday.  Six of us attended and it was great.  Dave and Jeff have extensive experience with Ommelanden and the shooting part of the class was smooth.  We were in and out with no issues.  They spent valuable time with each of us and really helped two in the group that were brand new shooters.  The class room time was held in one of our groups business office.  The volume of information was extensive and really showed me the amount of effort they put into creating the course.  Both the theoretical and real life scenarios presented really helped drive home the messages of safety and awareness. I really appreciate all the advice on the process of obtaining a CCDW and that they both are avaiable for any questions in the future.

I could ramble on and repeat what a good number of folks have said about Firststate Firearms training, but I will end saying it was a very professional, educational and enjoyable class.  I am glad I participated.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:15 AM »
My wife and I did the course with the father. It was a pretty good course and a great price. I have reccomended the course to some friends of mine.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"