Author Topic: New here  (Read 3270 times)

Shortzy

New here
« on: December 08, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Whats up everyone?  I havent spent much time on the site yet but I am not new to forums in general.  Figured I would introduce myself.  My name is Chris, I'm 31 and live in Pike Creek with my wife, Lauren, and our dog Lucy.  I found the site when I started looking for Delaware CCW courses.  I grew up around guns and have been shooting my whole life but my wife is the opposite.  I am trying to get her to be more comfortable around them.  Being that she isnt comfortable around them yet, I do not currently keep any at the house.

Now that I feel I have shared to much with you people, lol, here's a couple pictures.

The wife and I outside Cantwell's tavern.  If you havent been there yet, it is a great place to eat in Odessa.

The wife and Lucy.  Last Saturday before the S.Carolina v. Clemson game.  I went to Carolina so anything Clemson isnt allowed in my house.  Unless it says they suck, of course.  haha

fdegree

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
WOW, that dog has a serious case of Blue-Ray eyes :D

Just a thought...maybe your wife would be willing to take a hand gun safety course.  Perhaps they could shoot a few rounds during the class.

Time spent with a quality and patient instructor has been known to change peoples minds on occasion.  She might feel more comfortable with a female instructor.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
Welcome to you and yours. You will find great people here.. Fdegree had great idea for your wife. It sure helped with mine and she went on to get her DE/AZ CCW and she never turns down a trip to the range. Great place for you to check out is Shooter Choice RT 13 north of Dover at Cheswold, public indoor range. Ask for Beth or Charlie and sign up for safety/shooting class and they have gun rental as well.

Good Luck!!
New Castle County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
Hey, welcome to the site. Glad you found us.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
Welcome Shortzy!  This is a good place to discuss the the things that matter.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Blaserman

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
welcome