Author Topic: Need a Red Dot  (Read 6003 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Need a Red Dot
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »
Looking for a reliable red dot that not going to cost me $300 +  I known Aimpoint and Eotech are the top but way out of my price range.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Schmenge

Re: Need a Red Dot
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 01:44:03 PM »
I bought a Strikefire from Cabelas for about $180. It works just fine. Will it hold up as long as a $500 sight? I don't know, but it works great for now. It comes with a 2x magnifier.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »
I have a Barska electro multi reticle red dot sight, part #AC10632
Was about $70 when new. No magnification.
I had it on a Ruger Mini 14, and have upgraded to a EOtech.
You are welcome to it Sig, if it fits your need.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
New Castle County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
You can pick up used Aimpoint M2 for under $300.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:31:29 PM »
I thought about used but I have heard there are a lot of counterfeits out there.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »
Don't have my notes with me however Google the topic of cheap Aimpoint 'style' knockoffs etc and you'll figure out the differences. EBay currently has 1 used Aimpoint listed and I believe it to be genuine. Some exterior paint scuffs but seller says glass and internals are perfect. Was thinking of it myself however I've spent too much in the last month already (merry Christmas to me lol) plus 2 courses to pay for this weekend. Wife would likely shoot me if I bought it! Lol

Off topic but something everyone should know.. And might ease your buying used worries.
Always pay via credit card on line.. Not a debit card! If you buy something that's a knockoff and seller will not issue a refund simply contact credit card fraud department. We've had to do this a few times over the years and aside from having to make the call and either shipping the item to the credit card company, it's a simple process. Debit cards are not protected through the credit act and you have little to no recourse after the purchase. PayPal payment should always be changed to credit card instead of from balance or bank account. While they are usually good with customer protection they can take awhile and at times refuse to credit the payment.. Call the credit card fraud company if this is the case and open a dispute then. PayPal requires you to try to resolve the dispute through them before going to your credit card company.

Hope this helps and someone finds it useful.

jopy2020

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:03 AM »
I have a Vortex Strikefire that looks very similar to an Aimpoint, and also a C-more reflex sight. Contact me if you are interested. I also have an Eotech 557, but you are trying to remain under $300. If you are looking for a new one, I would recommend the Vortex Strikefire. It has red/green dot option, and is nightvision compatible and just as durable as the more expensive red dots.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »
I have heard sightmark makes a decent one that is kind of a copy of the eotech. There was one for like $100 I was checking out the other day. I figure I might stay Iron sights for now. My other rifle has a cheap scope on it that holds a zero well though.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »
how about a sig tactical prismatic....nice red dot under 200..I have one in stock if you would like to take a look at it....

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:24:08 AM »
Read my review of the VISM combo green dot and red laser in the firearms accessories section.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County