Author Topic: 11:30 Some kind of announcement from white house  (Read 3872 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
11:30 Some kind of announcement from white house
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
To be announced.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: 11:30 Some kind of announcement from white house
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
Bent over, ankles firmly grasped.

I'm the token liberal on the site, so maybe he'll buy me dinner first.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
Bent over, ankles firmly grasped.

I'm the token liberal on the site, so maybe he'll buy me dinner first.
Yeah, with our fluffin tax dollars....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Kimber HD

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
So no surprise - this was very well orchestrated.

All of his Executive Orders were all things that I believe 99% of people have no problem with.  The major politically charged items though - he will leave up to congress....So when it doesn't pass there, he can come out saying 'Well guys - I did all I could to protect your children...Clearly the Republican controlled congress thinks otherwise'.

That is - let us all pray that it doesn't pass.......

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
So no surprise - this was very well orchestrated.

All of his Executive Orders were all things that I believe 99% of people have no problem with.  The major politically charged items though - he will leave up to congress....So when it doesn't pass there, he can come out saying 'Well guys - I did all I could to protect your children...Clearly the Republican controlled congress thinks otherwise'.

That is - let us all pray that it doesn't pass.......

Kimber, I imagine we're on totally opposite ends of the political spectrum here... so I'm happy to say that I think we're in complete agreement.

I can live with the executive orders. I fully expect Congress to fail to pass much of anything else, and I hope we're right about that.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
I would agree, except some of his orders have allowed him to by pass Congress and the Constitution. There may be no limit to what he could  try to do with presidential orders, and if he appoints two more to the Supreme Court, the court may allow him to do as he wishes.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »
*Found this in Huffington Post web site, pertaining to todays Obama announcement, about assault weapons and magazines:

Moreover, the administration is pointedly not going after those weapons and ammunition clips that are currently and lawfully owned. The proposal would instead affect the future production and sale of military-style weapons or high-capacity magazines.

"We are not going to go after existing stock of weapons or magazines," said a senior administration official. "We are going to limit it to the manufacturing of assault weapons and clips going forward"

*The way I read this, it says if you already have a pistol like mine that holds a magazine that holds 17+1 that it will not be illegal per Obama/Biden list of 23 proposals. Am I right?

Now for the Markell proposals? What supercedes what?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:09:35 AM »
I wish I could take credit for this but I found it on another site. Here you go.

So Obama released his Executive Orders to Prevent Maniacs From Being Maniacs today.  I’ve taken the time to translate the summaries into plain English below:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
Tell the government to follow the law.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
Tell the regulators to stop the brilliantand useless regulations.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Pay the states back for the unfunded mandates that the Feds keeps making.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Tell the Attorney General to do his job.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
Start another unfunded mandate. (See #3.)

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
Tell FDLs how to do something no one is ever going to bother to do.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
Do the same thing the NRA already does, only half as well at twice the cost.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Do what Underwriters Laboratories already does, only half as well at twice the cost.

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Tell the Feds to do their jobs.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
Tell the DOJ to do its job.

11. Nominate an ATF director.
Tell myself to do my job.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
Spend more money.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Tell everyone to do their goddamned jobs.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Tell the doctors to figure out why it isn’t the feds’ fault that they aren’t doing their jobs.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
Figure out a way to push “smart guns” that don’t exist and wouldn’t be useful as guns if they did.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Tell everyone that Obamacare doesn’t actually mean what it says.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Tell everyone that, seriously, Obamacare doesn’t actually mean that.  We had to pass it to find out what was in it, after all.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
Tell everyone that I’ve been a partisan hack for the last month every time I said the NRA was crazy to want to post more cops in schools.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and insdistractionutions of higher education.
Do the same thing that every police agency in the country has already done, only half as well and at ten times the cost.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
Tell doctors what they already know.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
Tell people what the parts of Obamacare that don’t say anything say.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
Tell HHS to do their job.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Hand the rest of the job of telling everyone to do their jobs off to someone else so it is no longer my job.

http://phelps.donotremove.net/2013/01/obamas-new-executive-orders/

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:36:34 AM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County