Author Topic: Is DE a Must Disclose Jurisdiction?  (Read 15590 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
Re: Is DE a Must Disclose Jurisdiction?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:38 AM »
Guns & cars ...it doesn't get any better unless all politicians disappeared.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »
Guns & cars ...it doesn't get any better unless all politicians disappeared.

True.. It is actually one of the reasons I've applied for my CCDW.. Protection of property! I've made 1200 mile drives and even up in Canada with it. It gets around and not always in the best areas. Cops aren't the only ones it screams 'look at me' at. I've come out of a store and found a group of guys standing around it with the hood open and watching them try the doors, etc. Talk about being slightly P|$$edoff and making it known they had better back off. Don't mind people looking, that's half the reason I built it the way I did, but you don't try opening doors or lifting the hood on other people's cars! Also had a time when I think a guy was going to attempt a carjacking.. 1 hand in pocket walking directly at us and no other cars around us. I was able to start and pull out before he made it to us however even the wife noticed how quickly he was coming at us.

Good thing they didn't get inside.. Checkout the Auto Tazer .. it's on the steering wheel quite often if I'm out and about and need to make a stop. : ) Don't make them anymore and wouldn't stop a pro but I've been hit with it and don't wanna feel it ever again. Lol

John

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:38 AM »
I'll triple check on this, but when LEO runs your DL it does not show anything about your CC permit. It is a different search program in the system.  Officer would have to go looking for it. Maybe it changed? 

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
I'll triple check on this, but when LEO runs your DL it does not show anything about your CC permit. It is a different search program in the system.  Officer would have to go looking for it. Maybe it changed? 

I had a Middletown officer say this to me last fall. Might have changed since but as of last fall they had to call in and request CCDW permit info.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
You are right...talked to NCC officer (friend of mine) yesterday, when they run your driver's lic, they can not tell if you have a CCW. they have to make a special call. I asked about the State Police, he said it is the same for them.
New Castle County

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »
They can run it to check it but it doesn't automatically come up with license check or registration check
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 03:05:55 AM »
No, Police officers in the state of Delaware do not have any knowledge of you having a concealed carry permit. 

Whether or not I notify them depends on if I have to go anywhere near it to get my paper work out.  If im carrying in my purse, i have both hands on the wheel, tell all my passengers to not say one word, turn the interior light on if its night time, and roll both the drivers and passengers window down...  i also dont do a whole lot of looking around.  when they approach, i say Sir/Maam, i have a firearm and permit in my purse. thankfully ive only had to do all that shtick once....  The county guy said he appreciated my cooperation and sent me on my way. 

On another stop, I had no plans of disclosing that I was carrying (iwb holster).  The Trooper who let me out of a ticket for me driving at a just plain jacka$$ speed, unloaded every round into my trunk, removed the slide, and shut my trunk lid.  His parting comments were that little girls should stick to dolls and dresses and returned to his car and drove off.  :).

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident