Author Topic: Labcorp gun free zone  (Read 14658 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Labcorp gun free zone
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
Other members have said this better than I.  “No Firearms” signs are for open carry issues.  Try this at home: Create a simple sign that disallows open carry, just to keep customers at ease, but allows concealed carry customers.  I couldn’t succeed.

I f I had a place of business, other than a bar,  I would somehow encourage as many lawfully carrying citizens as I could muster.  As long as they were concealed and not a topic for open discussion.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Bmel17

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 06:18:11 PM »
"no firearms" signs are not just an open carry issue!  They are a firearms issue!  They don't want you carrying a gun whether it is concealed or not.  Why give them your business?   I would much rather spend my hard earned money at a store that does not discriminate against gun owners. 

Homosexuality, mental illness and guns have one thing in common: Keep it quite and don't tell anyone so as not to upset the sheep that don't understand it.  I think I just threw up.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
I oc'd at the one on cherry lane back in November. I did not see a sign and no one said anything. The gentleman who did my blood work actually was asking me about guns and the process for a permit.

I would agree though to try to spend money places that respect our rights and with people who respect our rights
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
I would agree though to try to spend money places that respect our rights and with people who respect our rights

I see Bmel17's point as well as yours.  Gone are the days when you walk into a barber shop and lean your birdgun against the wall and the talk turns to the hunt.

When I was 16 years old the nurse at the doctors office watched my bolt action 22 while I saw the doc about a wild dog bite.  The Police Chief drove me into town after seeing me limping along a dirt road.  He lator came by to see if I was alright and gave me a box of 22's he had found.

/eyes all wellin up
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:29:41 PM by Obleo »

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
Just out of curiosity was that sometimes in the 50s-80s? 

It does seem our country has changed much since then and it has not been for the good as we are having discussions about our rights as gun owners.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:05 PM »
Just out of curiosity was that sometimes in the 50s-80s? 

It does seem our country has changed much since then and it has not been for the good as we are having discussions about our rights as gun owners.

The year was 1970.  The whole Viet Nam problem was blooming and, I believe, started the great stain on our country and our values.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »
"The year was 1970.  The whole Viet Nam problem was blooming and, I believe, started the great stain on our country and our values."
[/quote]

I remember that year well as I spent it in Viet Nam away from my newly wedded wife. (now married 43 years)
I do agree with the statement that was the start of the great stain. The current administration isn't helping either and the media is bent on reporting every negative aspect of owning a firearm.

I served my country and now they want to take my rights away. Where is the respect. All firearm bills should exclude all combat veterans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:39:29 PM by seniorgeek »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Bmel17

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »
"The year was 1970.  The whole Viet Nam problem was blooming and, I believe, started the great stain on our country and our values."

I remember that year well as I spent it in Viet Nam away from my newly wedded wife. (now married 43 years)
I do agree with the statement that was the start of the great stain. The current administration isn't helping either and the media is bent on reporting every negative aspect of owning a firearm.

I served my country and now they want to take my rights away. Where is the respect. All firearm bills should exclude all combat veterans.
[/quote]

?????   

Separating any citizen into a class from other citizens is intolerable.  Now you're creating a class of citizens that are "superior" to the average citizens that laws don't apply to them.  You're a combat vet who swore to defend the constitution, not alter it to create a new class of men who were created better that the rest. 

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I wasn't trying to say combat veterans were better than anyone else, just trying say that most of congress has little respect for those that served.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Bmel17

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I wasn't trying to say combat veterans were better than anyone else, just trying say that most of congress has little respect for those that served.

Having served myself, I agree respect should be given, but not in the form that it place vets above a citizen in regards certain laws. Thank you for your service though!  Not enough Vietnam vets are thanked IMO

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
Agree with you, I am not in Dodge City.

Other members have said this better than I.  “No Firearms” signs are for open carry issues.  Try this at home: Create a simple sign that disallows open carry, just to keep customers at ease, but allows concealed carry customers.  I couldn’t succeed.

I f I had a place of business, other than a bar,  I would somehow encourage as many lawfully carrying citizens as I could muster.  As long as they were concealed and not a topic for open discussion.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 12:40:28 AM »
Agree with you, I am not in Dodge City.

Other members have said this better than I.  “No Firearms” signs are for open carry issues.  Try this at home: Create a simple sign that disallows open carry, just to keep customers at ease, but allows concealed carry customers.  I couldn’t succeed.

I f I had a place of business, other than a bar,  I would somehow encourage as many lawfully carrying citizens as I could muster.  As long as they were concealed and not a topic for open discussion.

Things were safer back then it seems and there was some sense of honor. Even among thieves.

BobW

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
Went to Labcorp in Seaford today. Looked around but did not see any signs about guns. I was concealed and no one knew anyway. But sometimes things are different in LSD! LOL

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
Maybe it's a thing at LabCorp that the signed places are because of the individual location manager setting policy. Seems some do and some don't have signs saying no guns. Does anyone know if there is a corporate poicy in effect?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Maybe it's a thing at LabCorp that the signed places are because of the individual location manager setting policy. Seems some do and some don't have signs saying no guns. Does anyone know if there is a corporate poicy in effect?

Could be individual managers. Kind of like Wal-mart. Many people have never had issues, but I think the one in Camden is always harrasing people for carrying guns ( open carry )