Author Topic: New Daniel Defense arrived!  (Read 23400 times)

Thlax

New Daniel Defense arrived!
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
I was lucky enough to be able to place a custom Daniel Defense M4 order on 12/29. Received 1/22.

My build is similar to a V1. Due to a backorder on a part (delaying my build by 2-3 weeks) and fearing I wouldn't be able to receive it in 2-3 weeks due to rapidly changing laws, I changed my order a bit. My original order was closer to a V5 but is now a V1. They ran out of the mid gov't 16" barrel. I was given the option to keep the mid length gas system but change to a light weight 16" barrel (but those heat up quicker and do not perform as well at distances >200yrd) or switch to a carbine gas system and get a carbine gov't 16" barrel.

With the constraint that I wanted my rifle ASAP, and choosing between the two options, the barrel was more important to me than the little difference between the gas systems (considering it is also a DD, not a cheap rifle, not expecting any issues).

All in all:
-Carbine gas system
-16" gov't barrel
-SSA trigger
-iron sights
12" Omega X rail

comes with DD case and 1, 30rd pmag.

I love it.

(*rifle has no magazine nor round chambered while taking photos. Photos were taken when rifle was unloaded and on safe position)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: New Daniel Defense arrived!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
Congrats, great rifle.

CMF

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »
+1   Looks great Dave, still waiting for the ship notice here.
Chuck
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48:00 PM »
N I C E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Castle County

Kimber HD

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »
That looks awesome - anxiously waiting on the range report !

Thlax

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:30:37 AM »
Thanks! Hoping to get out this weekend and find sometime...maybe even Friday depending on weather?

I have a case of 5.56 but am almost hesitant to use some considering how hard it is to get ammo now.

Due to this fact, I even picked up a Savage Mkii BV (.22lr) to shoot to save $ and not use as much "rare" .223/5.56 NATO ammo....as it has now become, ugh.

But I will def put a box or two through at the range!

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »
Congrats! Wonderful rifle! I was looking at DD V5 but have yet to order as I had been told they had a 4 month backlog. If I had known 1 month...

Try to find .22 for it these days is just as hard! I just received a CMMG conversion stainless kit and 4 of the evolution 25 round mags for it.. For only 215.00 shipped! :) Wife and I stopped in about 8 different places looking for any ammo including .22 the other night and were laughed at 3 of them for even asking lol. I did buy 2 packs of .22 shotshells but that's pretty much all I could find.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:08 AM »
Congrats! Wonderful rifle! I was looking at DD V5 but have yet to order as I had been told they had a 4 month backlog. If I had known 1 month...

Try to find .22 for it these days is just as hard! I just received a CMMG conversion stainless kit and 4 of the evolution 25 round mags for it.. For only 215.00 shipped! :) Wife and I stopped in about 8 different places looking for any ammo including .22 the other night and were laughed at 3 of them for even asking lol. I did buy 2 packs of .22 shotshells but that's pretty much all I could find.

Make sure you shoot a few 5.56 rounds after shooting .22s from your upper, it will help clean up the gas system.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:38:13 AM »
Yes so I've read : ) thanks

BobW

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »
Congrats! Looks great, but can't wait for the range reports!

CMF

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »
I am beginning to get disgusted with Daniel Defense. I was told my AR was in production (ordered 1/3/13 and paid) and after an email to the front office, I get this response:

"I just checked on your order. We had a little problem that we just realized with our website. It was saying we have things that we didn’t have for the custom guns. Our internet guy is calling everyone this has happened to. He should be calling you sometime this week to talk to you about this. Sorry about the mix up. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks, Kelly"

This week, I made 5 calls and numerous emails with no response. Left messages, contact numbers, but no call back.  I was under the impression this was a good company to do business with but apparently I am mistaken. I chose DD because of the reputation of their product and recommendations from AR forums but their communication prowess is something to be examined. I cannot excuse the volume of sales as the failure to communicate with a customer whom they have taken money and neglected the most important obligation in sales; communication with the customer.

I’ll let you all know how this turns out.

Disgusted
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Thlax

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »
I am beginning to get disgusted with Daniel Defense. I was told my AR was in production (ordered 1/3/13 and paid) and after an email to the front office, I get this response:

"I just checked on your order. We had a little problem that we just realized with our website. It was saying we have things that we didn’t have for the custom guns. Our internet guy is calling everyone this has happened to. He should be calling you sometime this week to talk to you about this. Sorry about the mix up. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks, Kelly"

This week, I made 5 calls and numerous emails with no response. Left messages, contact numbers, but no call back.  I was under the impression this was a good company to do business with but apparently I am mistaken. I chose DD because of the reputation of their product and recommendations from AR forums but their communication prowess is something to be examined. I cannot excuse the volume of sales as the failure to communicate with a customer whom they have taken money and neglected the most important obligation in sales; communication with the customer.

I’ll let you all know how this turns out.

Disgusted

I'm glad you finally got it worked out as we spoke today via email. Congrats.

I just purchased an Aimpoint H1 with a Daniel Defense mount (vs a LaRue QR-I didn't need a quick release at double the cost). Can't wait to put that on. Should get here Tuesday, Ommelanden Wed then!

I enjoyed shooting with irons and glad I know how to, but with the ammo scare the current way it is, if I was actually going to purchase ammo and shoot it every now and then like I am, I'd rather shoot it more accurately and the way I want to, with a Red Dot.

When I finally cough up for reloading equipment or ammo comes back to normal, ill practice the irons more. Until then, Aimpoint only :)

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 02:53:19 AM »
CMF, I am sure DD will make it right to you, along with SA they have the best CS I have ever seen. Thlax, you will love the H1, my favorite RDS.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:33:12 AM by Condition 1 »

Thlax

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03:59 AM »
Beautiful. Those are awesome.

Nice DD mount for the H1. I will have both those on Wed!

Did you purchase the BAD lever locally, if so where ?

How do you like the ACS stock ?

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:11:07 AM »
The BAD lever I bought online. The stock is great, however I would like to try the LMT or B5 Enhanced SOPMOD, they look pretty sleek.