Author Topic: When will ammo scare end...  (Read 5676 times)

Thlax

When will ammo scare end...
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »
I understand the buying up of AR's and certain fire arms...

But ammo? Even if there is a database/background check requirement, there will still be ammo??

Now that I have rounds, just knowing the nature and prices of getting more, makes me not to even want to shoot them....and to shoot at the range is all I want to do! Where is the break even point!?

Ugh.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
New Castle County

Thlax

Re: When will ammo scare end...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »
But all in all, "hunters" rifles and "sporting" firearms that are "going to be protected" still use the same rounds....

This is beyond irritating.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
hthe 5.56/223 you can find it out there, but the price has 4x itself (if you can find it) Cheaper than dirt has it, but I wouldn't buy anything from those price gouger's. I know where you can get some 45g stuff maybe???
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:49 PM »
The ammo hoarders have to run out of money soon.  I did.  High production should continue past demand and costs should come down sweetly.  Soon.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:28 AM »
I think it will come down in price, this rush will not last one way or another. I.e. if there is a ban on rifles eventually the demand created by new owners will be non-existent, if no ban then people will moderate their purchases and price will normalize. What happens now is people going into panic mode, same happened in 2008 and the prices normalized.

I think people will probably regret their purchases in the near future when the panic settles down.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:50:43 AM by Condition 1 »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:21 AM »
I'm running kinda low on 9mm but that's my range stock.. Not what I've set aside. I can usually get 1000 rounds S&B fmj 115gr shipped for 200.00 or so. Its more then doubled lately. Don't shoot my others much so not worried about those. I'd love to find some decent .22 but that's even gone everywhere.

Hope things settle down in another 2-3 months. Sooner the better but figure it'll be at least that long.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun